User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Also can't stand to have my hands full. Probably a carry over from trying to keep track of four little kids.
    I don't mean carry it in your hands I mean another bag that's not a purse. Like if you carry around a bag for work/school why not put your things in their. Though I guess not everyone has a reason to carry a bag so bad idea. Or carry around a backpack. No worries of being attacked by your purse. Just throwing out ideas, it never occured to me to not carry a purse.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

My mother reduced from a proper giant mommy-bag to a little snap-shut pocketbook thing about a decade ago. She doesn't seem to miss the bag, though it seems that she has more trouble keeping track of the pocketbook (she would often leave it somewhere in one of my cars, like under the seat, and search everywhere for it)

It is much nicer, I'd say.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I don't mean carry it in your hands I mean another bag that's not a purse. Like if you carry around a bag for work/school why not put your things in their. Though I guess not everyone has a reason to carry a bag so bad idea. Or carry around a backpack. No worries of being attacked by your purse. Just throwing out ideas, it never occured to me to not carry a purse.
    I guess I wasn't specifically thinking purse. In my brain 'purse' is more like 'bag you carry your crap around in.' My brain is wonky like that.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ

I have one purse I use every day unless it's a special dress occasion and I need to match shoes. Even then it takes a lot for me to transfer everything out of one purse to another, but I carry less to a wedding, funeral or synagogue, so it's not much trouble. Doing that every day would drive me crazy.

As someone suggested above, I use book bags. I can easily carry and find a book, pencil, notebook, water, snackbar and apple, as well as a wallet and keys when necessary. It's open and roomy, so searching for things isn't as big a problem. The person who suggested a small purse is right on. Small purse, big bag works the best for me.

That said, currently I have a Sak purse which is very sturdy but LONG and things are constantly getting lost in it, especially keys which are heavy and sink to the bottom. Lipstick is also hard to locate.

Thanks for the discussion. I think I need to get a smaller purse asap.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

I love hand bags! I've tried every shape and size over the years and I find the best ones can go over the shoulder but don't dangle too far down, and has several compartments to keep things organized. As cute as some of the more unstructured ones are, they just aren't practical and everything just ends up in a mess on the bottom. So I'm always on the hunt for a more structured bag that doesn't look matronly.

WobblyStilettos gave excellent advice in her post.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I love purses/handbags! I just bought this and the coin purse for my birthday.

I don't like purses that are too large, but too small would be useless to me.

Here's a website that may be useful. PurseBlog.com

How about this one? ;P

Last edited by Tigerlily; 05-19-2008 at 10:26 PM.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm feeling the sudden urge to make my own purse. Problem is, I'll have to do it in fabric. Maybe if I love it I'll get a leather worker to make a leather one based on my fabric model. This could be fun. And expensive.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTP

I hate purses, but I like my last two because they're cool and functional (small shapeless one-compartment cloth shoulder bags)yet sentimental. My current one was made by my sister-in-law. The one I had before that my brother bought for me in Guatemala.

I can't see myself owning anything like the bags pictured above. I suppose I'll have to grow up eventually, but I hate the idea of carrying a suitcase around. Fuck that.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp
    Socionics
    LSI?

Timbuk2 messenger bags are great for getting organized. They have pockets for everything so you never lose your keys, pens, cell phone, or ID. I use an extra-small sized one for my everyday purse, and I don't know what I'd do without it.
    Si>Ti>Te>Ne>Fe>Ni>Fi>Se

Introverted (I) 60% Extroverted (E) 40%
    Sensing (S) 56.25% Intuitive (N) 43.75%
    Thinking (T) 61.29% Feeling (F) 38.71%
    Judging (J) 71.88% Perceiving (P) 28.13%

MBTI
    INxJ

I usually carry around some kind of purse. I have to have a book and psp with me at all times. I don't use it everyday, but it can get boring when left for long periods of time in public places. Those activities deter strangers from talking to me.