• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Spider love thread

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Just learned that these guys aren't technically spiders (Order Araneae), but Opiliones, however -

My dad used to let these friendly little fellows:

full-harvestman.jpg

We called them Daddy Longlegs but they are also called "Harvestmen" - and he'd let them climb on his shirt while he was cleaning out the gutters at my old house, and naturally, wanting to be as cool as Dad, I did too. They're funny, sometimes they bounce and they feel ticklish if they walk on your skin.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think tarantulas are cute, especially because of the way they stumble around when they walk. They never seem quite sure where they are going. They pause, as though they forgot something, and start walking in another direction entirely.

MKVK7K2KQKEKLKB0ZKO0LK9KLKNKEQLS4KCKGKLS1Q1KUQCK4KF04Q6KQKUK4KAKGKBK5K1K9QTKMK.jpg

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
f72be153d84492b823409086d34855a0.gif

1cc128afd6c2ae57399dd78291c7b5de.gif

(inspidered by prpl's gif)

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Pamphobeteus

tumblr_mnfalyxRom1rrapq0o1_1280.jpg

Large iridescent purple/blue tarantula (Pamphobeteus sp.). Manabí, Ecuador.
Photo Credit: Zachary A. Cava

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Small spiders are the enemies of my enemies, so they are my friends. But i dont like the big ones and im lucky we dont have any of those(or anything more venomous than bees) in my country..

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love big, fuzzy, docile spiders like tarantulas. Small, fast, jumpy spiders... not so much. They can be really beautiful, though.

Sometimes I think I want a tarantula. The Bug Zoo in Victoria, B.C. has a tarantula that's around fifteen years old. I think she's a Mexican red-kneed tarantula. She's very chill and lets everyone hold her. If I ever got a tarantula, I think I'd get one of those.

8026481294_373f8dd530.jpg

D'awwww.

Permabanned
tumblr_mnfalyxRom1rrapq0o1_1280.jpg

Large iridescent purple/blue tarantula (Pamphobeteus sp.). Manabí, Ecuador.
Photo Credit: Zachary A. Cava

I recalled this thread cuz there's been an uncommon occurrence of abnormally LARGE home spiders here, maybe driven by climate change
hx9es8f

I can't fathom how the fuck ppl live in those regions with that shit around. :eeep:

that shit's creepy af bro