• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Spider love thread

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I used to have this spider who lived at the corner of my bathroom sink counter. I believe he was dark with yellow markings on him. I had a couple weeks lapse between cleanings, and then he set up shop. I couldn't see any reason to kill him, he was good entertainment as I brushed my teeth.. working on whatever he caught his tent of a web.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
internet-memes-never-forget-spiderbro.jpg

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Supposedly we have Anansi the spider to thank for giving the world folktales :wub:

My spider story

In the desert at night tarantulas come out to feed, and they can be attracted by the crowd of insects lured by a lighted front door. I consider them gentle friends but I still cant help screaming in surprise when I open the door to find one. When my flamboyant friend and I were departing my house for the party that night, we met a tarantula in the courtyard. It was my friend's idea to take him with us. And catching the tarantula in a container was so easy, it didn't delay us one bit. Tarantula was a very welcome guest, one might say the hit of the houseparty. Despite a rollicking party atmosphere, everyone who cared to interact treated Tarantula gently and with respect. Some people mistook him for a pet, but we explained he was just visiting. We were night creatures, too, back in those days so when I left Tarantula off exactly where he had been picked up it was the early morning. And I thought about Tarantula's wild night and the spider story he would always have to share.
:heart:
3Jk7H.png

Last edited:

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Holy crap...I didn't even bother to look at the posts/pics in this thread...:dont:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The only spider worth watching:

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Argiopes! :D I love orb weavers, they are pretty and they make the stereotypical spiral web that people think of spider webs as.

Argiope aurantia
av20pz.jpg

Argiope bruennichi
zn074i.jpg

Argiope aetherea
10qw76r.jpg

Argiope argentata
23shgrb.jpg

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
[MENTION=8031]Ginkgo[/MENTION]

Oooh, Latrodectus hesperus :D
a.k.a black widow.

L. curacaviensis
ajnh4z.jpg

L. bishopi, the Red Widow
jt8o5f.jpg

Lovely and all just as dangerous.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Argiopes! :D I love orb weavers, they are pretty and they make the stereotypical spiral web that people think of spider webs as.

We always called those ones in the first pic "banana spiders" because of all the yellow. They were also rather large, compared to most spiders around here. They would festoon the weeds along the edges of the cornfields where I grew up.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
We always called those ones in the first pic "banana spiders" because of all the yellow. They were also rather large, compared to most spiders around here. They would festoon the weeds along the edges of the cornfields where I grew up.

I wonder if they taste like bananas?

okspiderinmouth.jpg

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ

Yeah, they can get pretty big. I've seen some in person that spin a web across a whole driveway, or between two trees.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, they can get pretty big. I've seen some in person that spin a web across a whole driveway, or between two trees.

I think I've seen a few that were as long (end to end, including legs) as my thumb. Which is big for PA, even if not for Australia.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Spiders are cool with me. Ones in the house get gently relocated outside. I also once found a wild tarantula in Belize and let it crawl all over my leg. I hate getting an invisible web in the face when walking through the woods though. :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hate getting an invisible web in the face when walking through the woods though. :)

Shudder. In the face or in the hair.
Mostly because I know a spider might have been sitting on it and is now in my hair.

A

Anew Leaf

:sick:

When I saw this in the theaters, my boyfriend at the time waited until we were at the entrance to the lair and he whispered into my ear "Hey remember how you don't like spiders?" And then he chuckled. :dry:

Also, just glancing at this thread... I felt something on me and freaked out and almost fell out of my chair. I feel unclean.