First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Argiopes! I love orb weavers, they are pretty and they make the stereotypical spiral web that people think of spider webs as.
    We always called those ones in the first pic "banana spiders" because of all the yellow. They were also rather large, compared to most spiders around here. They would festoon the weeds along the edges of the cornfields where I grew up.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    STUF

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    We always called those ones in the first pic "banana spiders" because of all the yellow. They were also rather large, compared to most spiders around here. They would festoon the weeds along the edges of the cornfields where I grew up.
    I wonder if they taste like bananas?

Whoops.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah, they can get pretty big. I've seen some in person that spin a web across a whole driveway, or between two trees.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Yeah, they can get pretty big. I've seen some in person that spin a web across a whole driveway, or between two trees.
    I think I've seen a few that were as long (end to end, including legs) as my thumb. Which is big for PA, even if not for Australia.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Spiders are cool with me. Ones in the house get gently relocated outside. I also once found a wild tarantula in Belize and let it crawl all over my leg. I hate getting an invisible web in the face when walking through the woods though.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    I hate getting an invisible web in the face when walking through the woods though.
    Shudder. In the face or in the hair.
    Mostly because I know a spider might have been sitting on it and is now in my hair.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post

When I saw this in the theaters, my boyfriend at the time waited until we were at the entrance to the lair and he whispered into my ear "Hey remember how you don't like spiders?" And then he chuckled.

Also, just glancing at this thread... I felt something on me and freaked out and almost fell out of my chair. I feel unclean.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Creepiest thread evar!
    You mean best thread ever!!!
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.
    Likes Lillita liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Crab spiders.

Default another animation

the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism