123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Default Party Bar/Beverage station : Suggestions on Stocking

I am putting together a plan for a party bar at a party/bar b que. It is intended to serve about 75 people. about 2/3 of them drink alcohol and probably 85% of them will drink both nonalcoholic as well as alcoholic drinks. Also on a budget to only low and middle shelf drinks (as opposed to top shelf expensive sipping booze).

Of particular concern is space concerns and a bartender with time/experience concerns (i.e. no blood mary's besides a time efficient vodka/bloody mary mix quick combo) and nonalcholic drinks. (i.e. if I make a non alcholic party punch what should I put in it?)

Your suggestions, especially as to mixers and general time/cost/efficiency issues (do I have to have to hire a bartender at a party of this size?) Also good practices/places to purchase to get a good deal.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Also I have an assortment of wines. Should I break out the whole assortment or start on the more mild wines first?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Bartender?

If it's outside, fill a kiddie pool with ice and bottles of beer with a few cheap wines.

Don't spend money on booze unless you're willing to spend money. Which means a bartender.

Or a margarita fountain.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Bartender?

If it's outside, fill a kiddie pool with ice and bottles of beer with a few cheap wines.

Don't spend money on booze unless you're willing to spend money. Which means a bartender.

Or a margarita fountain.
    Ha ha. I like the kiddie pool idea. Nice INTP thinking outside the box. I got quite a few ice chests but that might be the ticket. I had some of my poorer friends agree to help with bar b que instead of present but then hired "professional bar b qer" with food service background (and some of his own serving dishes) so maybe they will stand in a half hour here and there. (I don't want the bartender soliciting for tips to keep the guests at ease)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I say sodas, beers, and spiked punch.

That should make it easy.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

As far as beer selection. I got some Bud and Bud Lite. I have a empty kegger I could fill but at this time and with this mixed crowd I think I will hold off and stick to cans and bottles.

The ethnic makeup will be mostly white, Hispanic, Irish American. So I may add some Tecate/Corona, and Guinness to the mix (as well as some pyramid hefeweizen; note to self bring a bunch of limes or lemons to add to Tecate/Corona/Hefenweizen)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I say sodas, beers, and spiked punch.

That should make it easy.
    There will be a fair amount of kids there too. I am a little worried about the spiked punch getting mixed up as fruit juice. If I could manage that concern spiked punch/homemade winecoolers and sangria would likely be on the menu.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

okay...maybe make two and put a cute lil label on both
    and a couple kegs of beer
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

beer
    soft drinks/mixers/ice....
    A blender wouldn't be a bad thing either...
    this might sound stupid but a first aid kit just incase somebody cuts themself or; something. depends on how many and what they're like and what your budget is and stuff.
    I would say condoms but; I doubt it's one of those kind of partys.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

like this

-Jim Morrison