User Tag List

First 234

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

If I were you, and I wasn't going to spring for a bar tender, I would probably just do 2 or three mixed drinks.

Hunch punch is the cheapest to make in big batches, and can really help you stretch a budget.

Out of the mixed drinks you listed, the most popular are going to be the punch, the margarita, and the cola and alc.

The OJ for screw drivers is expensive, and girls love screw drivers so you'd be smart to get a lot of OJ if you are going to do those.

Not as many people are fans of Gin and tonics, and the ingredients can get pricey.

And I would skip the price of vermouth as well.

Its usually cheaper to by a bunch of a few things than to buy a bunch of different things.

I would also get PBR, Keystone, Natty Light or some other cheap equivalent for your beer.

Wine's going to be expensive, I would try to have a few bottles but don't buy a ton. Try and get people drinking the punch.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I checked out this nifty wedding party alcohol calculator although I didn't do precise calculations after entering in my estimations I feel I am pretty close on having enough booze but need to get more beer.

See: http://www.thealcoholcalculator.com/...g=SmallWedding

Also as a side note although less helpful this bar-b-que calculator is pretty nifty too.

See: http://bbqplanner.com/
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I mean you really don't need to be making martinis at a BBQ do you?

Why don't you get a champagne punch, Quervo gold margarita with tequila in it, bourbon & coke, vodka cranberry, and people can have plain coke or plain cranberry or beer or water

I still think that's overboard... But it's not martinis and olives and drinks with cherries and blenders etc

People really are not going to expect a million different choices. 3 or 4 is sufficient.
    On second thought you raise good points and it makes me rethink bringing a blender and instead keep the expectations moderate as far as drink selection. Since I have only one 750 ml bottle of white vermouth I will limit the vermouth to that. If a lot of requests for martini's than I will instruct the bartender to make them dry.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

What's the misses say?

I mean 75 people!! Even if not all of them drink!! That is going to be crazy expensive if you go this route.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Vizconde View Post
    most of the booze and wine is mid shelf. Now that you mention it I think I will focus on 6 primary mixers/mixed drinks.
    1. OJ hard alch mix
    2. Margarita mix (a huge Spanish Fiesta is happening in my town at the same time so in will play out on the ongoing Spanish theme - Note to self get more tequila)
    3. Fruit punch and hard alch mix
    4. Cola and hard alch mix
    5. Unflavored soda water/water and hard alch mix
    6. dark and white vermouth and hard alch

A. Garnishes
    1. Limes
    2. Lemons
    3. Bitters
    4. Cherries/Grenadine
    5. Olives
    I'd probably axe 5 and 6, and maybe 1, and ditch the garnishes for a BBQ - they're a pain and don't really add much if the atmosphere is already casual (unless your bartender is doing it for kicks and wants to play around with them). Beers and maybe a bottle of wine on the table for dinner if you want.

The margarita mix and punch can be made ahead of time, streamlining your bartender's work, and could be self-serve or not as you prefer. The coke would get flat of course, but could also be self-serve - in this case you wouldn't really need a bartender unless you want someone to babysit.

I agree with @Lady X that martinis are unnecessary and a bit odd for a bbq wedding - unless you're specifically catering to some favourite friends who loooove classic martinis (and nothing else), I'd ditch those. Most people will go for the more tasty drinks, IME (I've bartended for fun for a few parties about half that size, different age group though).
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I agree with everyone else here - you are really over-thinking this!

You're on a budget, so either you're open bartending it or you're not - there's no such this as half-way on this IMO, because people inevitably will ask for stuff you don't have and you'll run out of other things! I would skip hard alcohol altogether if I were you.

Just serve one FANCY mixed signature drink - name something fun and easy after your wife-to-be and announce it as the drink of the night, then have wine, wine spritzers, punch (alcohol + no alcohol) and a selection of beers. The wine doesn't have to be that pricey either - go Oak Leaf, soak off the labels and get budget labels printed up with your names & wedding date, or print them yourself, it's very doable at less than 15 or 20 cents a label.

Done!
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching