User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I think if you wanted to keep it really simple you could just do away with all mixed drinks.

And just get a huge variety of bottled beverages to put on ice.
    Sodas, beers, soda water, water, juice, margarita or sangria type drinks

Or! Just set up a table with the different punches. A couple alcoholic ones and a couple non alcoholic ones.

And that's it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

^I would like to have some mixers but I understand what you are saying and think I will go light on the mixer and garnish selection (focus more on the universal mixers (oj,soda water, cola, margarita mix) as opposed to the more limited specific/specialty mixtures
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

So just a table with a lot of bottles and cups and an ice bucket? And maybe coolers of beer? Is that the vision you have in mind?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

You really need a dedicated bartender for that many people if you're doing mixed drinks. Could be paid or a friend who is a good enough friend to sacrifice their fun at the wedding (nicer to just pay someone, I'd say).

If you have many different kinds of juice/soda and the basic kinds of liquor (rum, vodka, tequila, gin, plus a few liqueurs like triple sec and whatever else you think your guests will like) you can do an amazing variety of mixed drinks that don't require much skill to make. Punch or sangria is also a good idea. All of these are very reasonable in price, with base ingredients that are generally cheaper than beer or wine (although those are nice too).

Really though if you're doing it bbq style people probably won't have very high expectations anyway and will be happy with wine+beer - bonus if you add a better tasting thing like punch/sangria/mixed drinks.
    -end of thread-

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

To echo @MacGuffin I would say you should skip the tender and booze if you don't want to spring for a least mid shelf bottles.

On a budget I would get a bunch of beer and ice, some bottles of wine, and either make an alcoholic punch, or do margaritas or some other common favorite mixed drink.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    So just a table with a lot of bottles and cups and an ice bucket? And maybe coolers of beer? Is that the vision you have in mind?
    This is what I have in mind in general (what described in Randomnity post) There is a long narrow buffet table that looks like it would work well. (reminder to self bring stool for bartender to sit on). Also a good amount of rather good 750 ml wine mostly merlot and pinot grigio that I have collected over serval months when I see recommended wines on sale for a good price as well as some more champaign (about 25 bottles plus 10 bottles of matching champaign on the tables for the first toast (30 750 ml total.) Vodka ( (2) 1.75 liter bottles, Rum (1) 1.75 bottle, Spiced Rum (1) 1.75 liter bottle, Bourbon (1) 1.75 liter bottle (2) 750 ml bottles of tequila and a few random 750 ml bottles of various hard alcohol. I also have (6) bottles of some cheap, fair tasting, 2.5 liter wine if we run out as a back up or to make wine coolers/sangria.

I need to get more beer a I only have about (3) 30 packs of bud/bud lite ( how much more beer for your normal mixed crowd of 75 with 2/3 drinkers. (is there a free on-line drink amount calculator lol?) I have about 250 soda/ice tea/bottled water/juice cans and I will have a 100 cup coffee machine with extra coffee and a 5 gallon jug of water.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    You really need a dedicated bartender for that many people if you're doing mixed drinks. Could be paid or a friend who is a good enough friend to sacrifice their fun at the wedding (nicer to just pay someone, I'd say).

If you have many different kinds of juice/soda and the basic kinds of liquor (rum, vodka, tequila, gin, plus a few liqueurs like triple sec and whatever else you think your guests will like) you can do an amazing variety of mixed drinks that don't require much skill to make. Punch or sangria is also a good idea. All of these are very reasonable in price, with base ingredients that are generally cheaper than beer or wine (although those are nice too).

Really though if you're doing it bbq style people probably won't have very high expectations anyway and will be happy with wine+beer - bonus if you add a better tasting thing like punch/sangria/mixed drinks.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Wine is expensive and will go fast. You will need a lot of bottles of wine.

Least expensive option IMO is two different kinds of punch. With and w/o alcohol

How many people?

You could get that margarita that already has the tequila in it.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    To echo @MacGuffin I would say you should skip the tender and booze if you don't want to spring for a least mid shelf bottles.

On a budget I would get a bunch of beer and ice, some bottles of wine, and either make an alcoholic punch, or do margaritas or some other common favorite mixed drink.
    most of the booze and wine is mid shelf. Now that you mention it I think I will focus on 6 primary mixers/mixed drinks.
    1. OJ hard alch mix
    2. Margarita mix (a huge Spanish Fiesta is happening in my town at the same time so in will play out on the ongoing Spanish theme - Note to self get more tequila)
    3. Fruit punch and hard alch mix
    4. Cola and hard alch mix
    5. Unflavored soda water/water and hard alch mix
    6. dark and white vermouth and hard alch

A. Garnishes
    1. Limes
    2. Lemons
    3. Bitters
    4. Cherries/Grenadine
    5. Olives

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Wow that is sooooo involved. I just would not do it at all.

How much do you have budgeted for that?
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I mean you really don't need to be making martinis at a BBQ do you?

Why don't you get a champagne punch, Quervo gold margarita with tequila in it, bourbon & coke, vodka cranberry, and people can have plain coke or plain cranberry or beer or water

I still think that's overboard... But it's not martinis and olives and drinks with cherries and blenders etc

People really are not going to expect a million different choices. 3 or 4 is sufficient.
    -Jim Morrison