Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
I'm wondering if anyone has had any experiences with the foldable road bicycles - I'm considering getting one of those when I relocate, for the space saving purposes, as there won't be anywhere I'll be able to keep a full-sized bike, except in the back of my car/trunk.. and that's just a hassle.

Anything I should know about the folding ones?
I've got one and it's pretty great. Super convenient for travelling, but even if you're not into that kind of thing it's a pretty good bike (it's a Schwinn). I ride it to and from work every day (about 11 km total) and the only issue I have is, because the tires are small, you have to peddle with a little extra oomph to go the same distance as a bike with bigger tires. But really, it's not that big a deal. It sits more like a cruiser than anything else and is super light so I can easily take it up and down the stairs both at home and work to store it.

As for claims of it being flimsy, I haven't had problems on that front. I mean, obviously it's not a mountain bike and you won't be doing much off-roading with it, but it suits city cycling very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
Would you believe it if I said I live in The Netherlands and I don't own a bicycle?
Lolwut?? That's unheard of!