• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what kind of bug bite?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
mostly curious I couldn't get a picture of it because i don't own a camera and gave up my smart phone. and my web cam didn't show i clear enough picture. but anyways it has a dot of broken skin slightly bigger than a mosquito bite and is black and blue around it.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
mostly curious I couldn't get a picture of it because i don't own a camera and gave up my smart phone. and my web cam didn't show i clear enough picture. but anyways it has a dot of broken skin slightly bigger than a mosquito bite and is black and blue around it.

Is it somewhere that a tick could go unnoticed for a day or more? Was there any pain at the time of bite? Any immediate swelling, etc. Do a web search for biting/stinging insect species in your region and then search for images of bites from the different species. The fact that it is spring/early summer time-frame and you describe some bruising around the bite mark, it may be one of the biting fly species.
Deer/Horse/Black/Zebra etc.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
its on my arm. it looks like that with a soft bruise around it
staph1zb8.jpg
I'm gonna go with spider bite but i don't know what kind, so i'll look that up next.

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not to alarm you, but if you see a red line starting to come out of the bite, go to a doctor or the ER right away. The red line indicates that the poison is spreading and it can spread fast. Spider bites usually HURT rather than itch. I got a non-poisonous one and it was painful to touch.

example of what the red line might look like:
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photosbylamont/2684531399/

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Not to alarm you, but if you see a red line starting to come out of the bite, go to a doctor or the ER right away. The red line indicates that the poison is spreading and it can spread fast. Spider bites usually HURT rather than itch. I got a non-poisonous one and it was painful to touch.

I'm not worried i don't think their's any poisonous spiders in the region i live.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not worried i don't think their's any poisonous spiders in the region i live.

Maybe they were on vacation.

srsly, I'd go more by how the bite is responding, not by whether you think certain things live naturally in your region or not.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It would not be poison (venom) spreading. When you get the linear, red tracks progressing from a wound toward your trunk it is likely bacterial lymphangitis (a very serious ascending infection of the lymphatic system that can lead quickly to infection of the blood -sepsis) which is dangerous and should be treated immediately. But it is not venom from the bite. While spiders and some insects do have dirty bites, the infection often starts from the bitten party scratching a bite and introducing bacteria into the wound from dirty fingernails/skin.

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It would not be poison (venom) spreading. When you get the linear, red tracks progressing from a wound toward your trunk it is likely bacterial lymphangitis (a very serious ascending infection of the lymphatic system that can lead quickly to infection of the blood -sepsis) which is dangerous and should be treated immediately. But it is not venom from the bite. While spiders and some insects do have dirty bites, the infection often starts from the bitten party scratching a bite and introducing bacteria into the wound from dirty fingernails/skin.

Sorry for my error. This is an important distinction (poison vs. infection) because it means that ANY bite could get infected and be a problem. So it's good that you're doing what Jennifer suggested and watching how your bite reacts.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
its on my arm. it looks like that with a soft bruise around it
staph1zb8.jpg
I'm gonna go with spider bite but i don't know what kind, so i'll look that up next.

Looks like a chigger bite that's been itched to the point of breaking the skin (I get them regularly here in the woods of Tennessee). You said it didn't itch though, so that rules that out. Chigger bites itch like the dickens.

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Any changes to the bite, [MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION]? Everything OK?

Circle

MBTI Type
INFJ
I would like to vote for spider bite. Apply hydrocortisone to help with the itching. Keep a close eye on it! *ouch*

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Yeah, that looks like a spider bite to me. I was bit by a brown recluse years ago and it looked a lot like that before I went to the doctor. But if it's stopped hurting, it is probably not that. Also, do yourself a favor, and do not google image search "brown recluse bite."

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If bugs were larger than people they would eat people alive!
1499985-giant_insect_kit_large.jpg