User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by earthtrekker1775 View Post
    It would not be poison (venom) spreading. When you get the linear, red tracks progressing from a wound toward your trunk it is likely bacterial lymphangitis (a very serious ascending infection of the lymphatic system that can lead quickly to infection of the blood -sepsis) which is dangerous and should be treated immediately. But it is not venom from the bite. While spiders and some insects do have dirty bites, the infection often starts from the bitten party scratching a bite and introducing bacteria into the wound from dirty fingernails/skin.
    Sorry for my error. This is an important distinction (poison vs. infection) because it means that ANY bite could get infected and be a problem. So it's good that you're doing what Jennifer suggested and watching how your bite reacts.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    its on my arm. it looks like that with a soft bruise around it I'm gonna go with spider bite but i don't know what kind, so i'll look that up next.
    Looks like a chigger bite that's been itched to the point of breaking the skin (I get them regularly here in the woods of Tennessee). You said it didn't itch though, so that rules that out. Chigger bites itch like the dickens.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Any changes to the bite, @prplchknz? Everything OK?
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    Any changes to the bite, @prplchknz? Everything OK?
    bite wise all fine and dandy
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ

I would like to vote for spider bite. Apply hydrocortisone to help with the itching. Keep a close eye on it! *ouch*

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Maybe they were on vacation.

@prplchknz , glad all is well.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Yeah, that looks like a spider bite to me. I was bit by a brown recluse years ago and it looked a lot like that before I went to the doctor. But if it's stopped hurting, it is probably not that. Also, do yourself a favor, and do not google image search "brown recluse bite."
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

If bugs were larger than people they would eat people alive!