• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

least favorite foods

Fish sauce
Squid
Steak
Plain milk, especially whole milk
Pumpkin
Papaya
Squash/Zucchini
Sweet potatoes
Yams
Eggplant

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Pâté is pretty bad.

I don't eat lobster, squid, octopuss etc because it just seems wrong to eat them. Idkw

Salmon and asparagus is one of my favorite things tho and mushrooms and licorice and chocolate mint.

Wow, those are some of my favorite foods on your least list. Haha! I grew up eating more seafood Im guessing. Frehly Grilled squid is pretty bad ass.

Pâté is delicious! I thought most people liked it. It's kinda an ultimate comfort food. If you like sweetbreads or meatloaf or meatballs. Is it the texture you don't like?

• Pickled fish of any sort

pickled fish scare me i refuse to touch them

Prahok (Cambodian fermented fish paste) and raw celery. I dunno what it is about celery that I despise so much :/

Wow. Lots of votes for vinegary fish? I didn't know this was prevalent enough in forum members diets to get so many votes.

I realize more what a picky eater I am NOT. I'll pretty much eat most anything. The 1 thing off the top of my head that I don't like are Brussels sprouts. But when you roast them they lose the bitter flavor and can be good. I also can't stand canned string beans. Disgusting and mushy to boot. Notreallya fan of pearl onions either.

I imagine if there were a dish that combined all three of those things it would be a trifecta of :ack!: I imagine carrots would be a part of that dish, probably callously thrown in without any prep. I have a complicated relationship with carrots.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ham. I fucking hate ham. It is the bane of my existence and my all time most intolerable food.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i only like carrots once they've been cooked, can't stand raw carrots

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seriously! I don't understand how the majority of people who buy girl scout cookies think Thin Mints are the best. The mint/chocolate combo is such a letdown. I'm okay with those little chocolate sticks that some places serve as after-dinner mints, but that's just because I don't like any other after-dinner mints. With the exception of the peppermints with the melty centers. <3

If God had intended for mint and chocolate to mix, he wouldnt have made them taste like ass together.

/anti-mint chocolate miscaganist

Ingrid in grids

Fish sauce
Squid
Steak
Plain milk, especially whole milk
Pumpkin
Papaya
Squash/Zucchini
Sweet potatoes
Yams
Eggplant

Have you ever tried fufu/fufou? It's pounded yam which you eat in the place of rice/pasta/couscous.

681x454.jpg

IMG_3177.JPG

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dislike celery, too. Not sure if you feel the same way, but I dislike it because of the consistency, which is why I like celery fine when it's in, say, soup. But I hate it when it's raw and crunchy.

oh yeah, i forgot about celery. i agree with this.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Hate:
Raw onions
Gherkin pickles
Sardines
Raw mushrooms (really like them cooked though)
Most forms of cooked fruit
Any fish with skin on it (I enjoy fish without, esp. salmon)
Bitter dark chocolate

Surprised at all the mint chocolate hate! I love it. I also love cilantro (apparently there's thought to be genetic variation that makes cilantro taste disgusting to some people; I obviously don't have it).

I didn't like fish or strong-tasting vegetables like asparagus when I was younger, but I've come to enjoy them now.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hate:

Pork; Chops, Ribs
Lamb; Chops
Because they're WAY too fatty for my liking.
Whole Milk
Canned Ready Meals like; Curry in Can.
Liver
Black Liquorice; it's the devil's creation, I swear it.

Pinker85

Pretty much all meat, chicken, and seafood. It just tastes extremely weird for various reasons. I also think the texture of a lot of meat and seafood is gross . . . kinda slimy and bloody. It's a bit psychological as well. Tuna fish sandwiches were something that made me cry with horror as a child. The mix of super soft, spongy and slightly sweet wonderbread with the heavy, cloying mayonnaise-fishiness was so gross. Add to that sweet relish and every bite was agony. *gag* At the very top of the meaty list of dislikes are organ meat and offal.

Licorice and anise flavored things. Makes my tongue water in weird ways.

Tannins. Black tea, wine, etc.

Nutmeg. The only time I like nutmeg is in sweet items that have sentimental value like eggnog.

I'm going to have to say British and Scandinavian food. It's the mix of boiled potatoes, organ meats, animal fat, dense pastry/bread, and preserved fish that just doesn't do it for me.

Red Delicious apples. They have a mealy texture.

Slimy + creamy textures. Grits, polenta, tamales, natto, fufu, etc.

Bitter melon. Enough said.

Mushy pickles. Mushy grapes. Dislike mushy textures a lot.

Fried food except really light and crisp french fries.

Raw mushrooms. Textural thing.

Blue cheese.

Interestingly, I love the taste of strong and bitter greens, beets, asparagus, and all the the stuff other people tend to hate. I can even eat mustard greens raw with a little bit of salt. Yum.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In general, I like my food to have uniform texture, i.e. no chewy bits in my soft food and no mushy bits with something crunchy etc.

Here's a short list of things I don't particularly like:

- Onions (esp. raw; but also the cooked, long & stringy variety; they're excuseable if cut into very small bits)
- Eggplant
- Zucchini
- Leek (blech)
- Liver
- Kidneys
- meat that comes in thick slices, and
- meat not well-done (can't stand bloody / chewy meat)
- avocados (how can anyone like something that actually represents the absence of flavor)
- mushrooms on pizza (yuck - feels like eating rubber)
- olives
- goat cheese, or in fact anything even remotely goat-related (including stuff that comes in packages with goat pictures on the outside)
- chili chocolate
- the gooey part of tomatoes

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Liver & brussel sprouts
Condensed pork blood
Tripe
Most organ meats in general

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm very non-picky, I just plain love to eat food. And I'm always open to trying more new ones.

But things I don't like:
Sour cream/bleu cheese/Ranch dressing
Processed, packaged-by-slice, American cheese, like Kraft Singles. Makes me literally gag.
Brussels sprouts, though I love most vegetables. Celery needs to be cooked.
Oatmeal, purely for the texture. But grits are gritty enough to be delicious.
Cooked okra, as in gumbo, also has a nasty consistency I can't get over.
Ham, too, especially honey-baked ham.
Licorice, too.
Coffee!
Milk I used to love, but it strangely always tastes sour and leaves a heavy feeling in my stomach for hours, these days. :(
Used to hate orange juice for tasting like acid reflux, but I'm growing back into liking oranges themselves again, at least.
Lemon meringue and key lime pie is walking the edge, though tend to be okay when homemade rather than storebought.
Raspberries, unless that was just one bad batch I had.

I think that's it, I like all other food in the world. Love to mint chocolate. :hug: <---(That hug is for the chocolate, not a person)