• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

least favorite foods

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Green olives stuffed with pimento - so gross.
Eggplants - a squishy mess
Asparagus - tastes terrible
black jelly beans - first thing I do with a bag of jelly beans is to pluck those suckers

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dollar store holiday chocolate

:sick: That shit isn't even true chocolate. It's waxy, cloying garbage, often labelled as, "chocolatey flavored candy."

It's an a abomination that should be aborted from the earth.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
:sick: That shit isn't even true chocolate. It's waxy, cloying garbage, often labelled as, "chocolatey flavored candy." It's an a abomination that should be aborted from the earth.
I heard a rumor once that it was made from used deep fryer grease.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
Brussels sprouts. They smell like vomit.

When I was 8 years old my mother once fed me (green?) asparagus. I told her they tasted like vomit.

Now years later I have learned to appreciate the taste of (white) asparagus.

Least favorite, I'd say snails... I still clearly remember the moment I ate my first snail. I must have been around the age of 7-9. We were in Disneyland Paris. My ex-stepsister loved snails so I eventually wanted to try one too. (Yes, they served them in the restaurant there- we weren't pulling snails out of the bushes as an afternoon snack) There's no tasteful way to describe the sensation of the snail going down my throat. It felt like... you know when you have a cold and..? Yes, like that.

All snails aside- I am not really a picky eater. Except for blood wurst. Dis-gus-ting. If I want to taste iron I'll just get myself an iron bar and chew on that, thanks. (Though -not to sound like a XYZ-, it's not even the taste of blood I can't stand. The texture is terrible.)
And Kiwanos still taste like fish to me. Reading Lexicon's post I can add ham too.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ham. I fucking hate ham. It is the bane of my existence and my all time most intolerable food.

I posted this in 2012. I still feel this way.

Other least favorite foods:

-Truffle oil
-Olives
-Black licorice
-Shredded coconut
-Bleu cheese (and all the fancy rotten smelling cheeses)
-Anything pickled that isn't a pickled cucumber or sauerkraut
-Fake milk chocolate (as previously discussed)
-Eggplant
-White chocolate (unless mixed with REAL chocolate)
-Artificial mango flavor
-Artificial banana flavor
-Fast food

One food I refuse to even try is oysters. I love seafood (including sushi), but I draw the line at raw oysters.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I posted this in 2012. I still feel this way.

Other least favorite foods:

-Truffle oil
-Olives
-Black licorice
-Shredded coconut
-Bleu cheese (and all the fancy rotten smelling cheeses)
-Anything pickled that isn't a pickled cucumber or sauerkraut
-Fake milk chocolate (as previously discussed)
-Eggplant
-White chocolate (unless mixed with REAL chocolate)
-Artificial mango flavor
-Artificial banana flavor
-Fast food

One food I refuse to even try is oysters. I love seafood (including sushi), but I draw the line at raw oysters.

I use to not love shredded coconut. Until I toasted it. It takes on a whole new flavor profile and it's not so, chewy I guess.

Anything artificial isn't good but so many people don't know how things actually taste, in the US they overload foods with fake stuff.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I use to not love shredded coconut. Until I toasted it. It takes on a whole new flavor profile and it's not so, chewy I guess.

:thinking: Hmm. I'd be willing to try that. It's more a texture thing than a flavor thing with coconut, for me. It has a shredded carrot texture that doesn't belong on my desserts (though I like shredded carrot on other food).

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
:thinking: Hmm. I'd be willing to try that. It's more a texture thing than a flavor thing with coconut, for me. It has a shredded carrot texture that doesn't belong on my desserts (though I like shredded carrot on other food).

It only takes a few minutes in the oven and becomes very light, a little nutty tasting, a huge improvement over shredded dried sweetened stuff.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
When I was 8 years old my mother once fed me (green?) asparagus. I told her they tasted like vomit.

Now years later I have learned to appreciate the taste of (white) asparagus.
I got to try purple asparagus a few weeks. I'd never heard of it before but it showed up in the produce section one day. It didn't seem radically different than the green stuff. :shrug:

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My list is gonna be weird because I am a super taster. Usually whst I dislike is a very specific flavor that may or may not be present in these foods.

Pizza (traditional style) - this was mostly due to my BF constantly ordering it to the point I feel sick just thinking about it. I also dislike tomato paste due to its intense acidic flavour. It kills my taste buds. I also dislike ketchup.

Spaghetti - see above. I will eat it, but I would never choose it willingly. Meatballs can be okay though.

Meatloaf - everything I hate in one place. Even worse with BBQ sauce.

Bread - unless its nutty and whole 12 grains, I dislike it. White bread is disgusting. Some bread tastes too much like iron.

Grits/oatmeal - *shudders* I hate it, tastes like snot and vomit. The overly metallic taste is horrible.

Most marinated meats (dry rub is okay) - I hate overly complex flavours that override the taste of the meat.

Most smoked meat (new addition) - tastes like fucking novacaine and I can't stand it. I can tolerate the lighty smoked stuff like salmon, that uses the fake smoke flavour. But not the other stuff.

Mayonnaise - Whipped eggs and oil isn't my thing. I do like miracle whip though, it has a nice tangy sweet balance.

Buffalo sauce - I hate it, it tastes like shit. It is semi-tolerable combined with blue cheese and or buffalo flavoured cheese blocks. But as a sauce, I hate it. I also dislike hot sauce.

Celery, tastes like poison especially raw. Brussle sprouts and fennel have the same taste, just not as strong. I can tolerate them if cooked with onions and bacon.

I used to HATE avocados, but that has changed over time.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My list is gonna be weird because I am a super taster. Usually whst I dislike is a very specific flavor that may or may not be present in these foods.

Pizza (traditional style) - this was mostly due to my BF constantly ordering it to the point I feel sick just thinking about it. I also dislike tomato paste due to its intense acidic flavour. It kills my taste buds. I also dislike ketchup.

Spaghetti - see above. I will eat it, but I would never choose it willingly. Meatballs can be okay though.

Meatloaf - everything I hate in one place. Even worse with BBQ sauce.

Bread - unless its nutty and whole 12 grains, I dislike it. White bread is disgusting. Some bread tastes too much like iron.

Grits/oatmeal - *shudders* I hate it, tastes like snot and vomit. The overly metallic taste is horrible.

Most marinated meats (dry rub is okay) - I hate overly complex flavours that override the taste of the meat.

Most smoked meat (new addition) - tastes like fucking novacaine and I can't stand it. I can tolerate the lighty smoked stuff like salmon, that uses the fake smoke flavour. But not the other stuff.

Mayonnaise - Whipped eggs and oil isn't my thing. I do like miracle whip though, it has a nice tangy sweet balance.

Buffalo sauce - I hate it, it tastes like shit. It is semi-tolerable combined with blue cheese and or buffalo flavoured cheese blocks. But as a sauce, I hate it. I also dislike hot sauce.

Celery, tastes like poison especially raw. Brussle sprouts and fennel have the same taste, just not as strong. I can tolerate them if cooked with onions and bacon.

I used to HATE avocados, but that has changed over time.

How'd you find out you were a super taster? I remember on Freaky Eaters where they talked about the majority of people were non-tasters(enjoy most foods) and then a minority tasters(more picky). What kind of pizza do you like, if not traditional?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How'd you find out you were a super taster? I remember on Freaky Eaters where they talked about the majority of people were non-tasters(enjoy most foods) and then a minority tasters(more picky). What kind of pizza do you like, if not traditional?

You can calculate it yourself by how many tastebuds you can see on your tongue per small area like using a hole cutter on a peice of paper and food dye.

I like pizza with the white sauce, and no pepperoni. Such as dominoes philly cheese-steak pizza.

I don't consider myself a picky eater, but that depends on how you define it.