• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Supermoon!

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
Go out and look at the moon tonight. It's supposed to be huge. Next opportunity for it to be as big, in twenty years.

It is cloudy here, if anyone gets a good picture, I would love to see it.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've already messaged a number of people who have to take a close up shot of the moon a few hours ago. I certainly hope one of them took their time to do so. I didn't have access to my camera at the time.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wouldn't call 14% bigger huuuuuuuge.
/party pooper

I can't get a good angle from where I am, but you aren't missing much. :p

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Go out and look at the moon tonight. It's supposed to be huge. Next opportunity for it to be as big, in twenty years.

It is cloudy here, if anyone gets a good picture, I would love to see it.

There are some videos on youtube already. Found this one. The brightness is impressive.

I think now is too late though.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
There are some videos on youtube already. Found this one. The brightness is impressive.

I think now is too late though.

You mean the super-est part is over by now?

I have a clear view here; it doesn't look nearly as big as the one in that clip. I don't see any difference in size actually, although it is quite a bit brighter than usual. Pretty cool.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
[MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION], nice. Thank you. Still cloudy here.

Yeah, I looked it up too. Oh well, still love a full moon.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You mean the super-est part is over by now?
I don't really know how it works, but I suppose it was more noticeable on the early stages (when we don't have to look up to see the moon). I might be wrong though.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Oh, okay. Well here's what it looks like right in front of my house tonight:

supermoon2012.jpg

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Distinctively brighter. Thanks for sharing. :)

A

Anew Leaf

Silly Minnesoooota :( We missed the Northern Lights this year too.

*pouts and moves to Iceland*

I've already messaged a number of people who have to take a close up shot of the moon a few hours ago. I certainly hope one of them took their time to do so. I didn't have access to my camera at the time.

How kind of you to do so! :)

I am hoping tomorrow will yield lovely photos on the blogosphere for us to enjoy and contemplate.

TypoC should? Lol

:laugh: No.... me and Notoftwo... :3

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How kind of you to do so! :)

I am hoping tomorrow will yield lovely photos on the blogosphere for us to enjoy and contemplate.
Oh certainly. It would be fantastic to see what images would be brought about. Quite exciting yes.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IMG_6933a.jpg

Heidelberg, Germany
around midnight

(actually, it looked smaller and less bright IRL than it turned out on the photo, but I didn't process anything)

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Heidelberg, Germany
around midnight

(actually, it looked smaller and less bright IRL than it turned out on the photo, but I didn't process anything)

Now that looks cool, the way it lights up the clouds and shines down on the landscape, even. Light pollution dulled that effect for me, I think, but if I were still living in a less urban location, man... :) It looked nice from where I was, but not especially notable.