User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Default Minimalist Challenge

Anyone want to do this with me? I'm not going full-on minimalist 100-things-list style. Just trying to reduce what I don't use, re-purpose what just sits around, and find out what works and is important to me.

How it works:

1. I'm going to write a series of goals. I base it on a weekly process for others, but I'll be working on it here on my deployment on a more daily basis and it isn't a hard-fast system.

2. I'll write out tips and trends and things that help organize it all from various books I've been reading on the subject. (For example, when it comes to clothing, I'll write out concepts and such.)

3. Each week will also create a "bin" of things that need to be gotten rid of--you have the following week to find a purpose for the items, or simply give them away, but they need to be out of your life and house after the week's up otherwise you throw them away. (Unless you're going the garage sale route--in which case, get boxes and tape them up so you can't get into them until you have enough selling items.)

4. Just post your results (Pictures would be awesome btw! Seeing everything get reduced..) any way you can. What tips worked or didn't, or if you find it relaxing and awesome or stressful.

I'm sort of combining concepts with this--taking tips out of 15 minutes a day, minimalist books, life changing self-help books, etc.

It isn't going to take long each week to do the things you need to do (proportionate to the amount of stuff you have..)

If you're participating, here are the weekly goals through the month of June.. so you can jump in on any week and report what you've done in the past, or if you're participating with this, etc.

Pre-challenge: Evaluate your goals and your angle of attack
    Week 1: Toiletries
    Week 2: Entertainment items
    Week 3: Storage
    Week 4: Clothes
    Week 5: Food, Laundry and cleaners.. a catch-all week really.
    Week 6: Paperwork
    Week 7: Junk drawers
    Last edited by kyuuei; 04-29-2012 at 02:04 PM.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's pretty easy to become a minimalist. Just move across the country every few years and maintain a goal of freedom. Having too many possessions and obligations impedes freedom.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    It's pretty easy to become a minimalist. Just move across the country every few years and maintain a goal of freedom. Having too many possessions and obligations impedes freedom.
    it is for some people (like myself!) and I do move around quite frequently to new countries. I mean, I may be a minimalist for some standards, but definitely not in the way I see myself being. The philosophy is a neat concept, and one that I think would help a lot with many aspects of life.

Was just curious if anyone wanted to participate in it with me, I'll be doing it regardless.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

ughh i just moved and declared immediately after that i was going minimalistic. stuff stresses me out...just stuff everywhere asking for attention...fuck off boxes of things!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

.*

*minimalism

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

*ears perk* Did someone say organizing?
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Anyone want to do this with me? I'm not going full-on minimalist 100-things-list style. Just trying to reduce what I don't use, re-purpose what just sits around, and find out what works and is important to me.

How it works:

1. Each week I'll post three goals. (I'll try to be on time for this I wrote a note on my wall in case anyone DOES want to do it.) You have all week to do them, so you can procrastinate, or do them all at once, or split it up to do a little everyday.

2. I'll write out tips and trends and things that help organize it all from various books I've been reading on the subject. (For example, when it comes to clothing, I'll write out concepts and such.)

3. Each week will also create a "bin" of things that need to be gotten rid of--you have the following week to find a purpose for the items, or simply give them away, but they need to be out of your life and house after the week's up otherwise you throw them away. (Unless you're going the garage sale route--in which case, get boxes and tape them up so you can't get into them until you have enough selling items.)

4. Just post your results (Pictures would be awesome btw! Seeing everything get reduced..) any way you can. What tips worked or didn't, or if you find it relaxing and awesome or stressful.

I'm sort of combining concepts with this--taking tips out of 15 minutes a day, minimalist books, life changing self-help books, etc.

It isn't going to take long each week to do the things you need to do (proportionate to the amount of stuff you have..)

Let me know if ya'll want to do it, and I'll start posting goals this Sunday!
    Can that include utilities, gas, water, food, electricity, clothes, time spent doing certain activities, etc.?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Can that include utilities, gas, water, food, electricity, clothes, time spent doing certain activities, etc.?
    Hush you. I should make you do it now just on principle!

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Hush you. I should make you do it now just on principle!
    Lol. What about masturbating? Can I limit my masturbating?

Glycerine

Sounds neat but I am not sure about how great I would be with follow-through. For example, I just got around throwing makeup that was 5 years old. Lol. I am a lousy J. Maybe if I start out small, it might work.