User Tag List

First 12

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    I'd wish for its function to be to increase my discipline.
    Neat.

Every time I walk through the door, I want to walk into another person's consciousness. I want to be able to control whose it is, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Haha! I always think when I am staring at the stars, "Holy shit, what an infinite universe...All these things in the world, our expectations, our lives, are so little. We think it matters, we create these rules/boundaries, but it is created by us, for us, and beyond that, we are all subject to the same natural laws."

It puts things into perspective.
    Yep, I am just an electron in this gigantic universe (sounds geeky, I know.) Though I want to have a good time while I am here, my problems and other people's problems are small, so I shouldn't put too much weight into them (even though I often do.) 100 years is such a blimp on the whole scale of things. It sounds like I am devaluing human existence. The truth is I put too much value in what I or someone else do.

Which is why a room filled with glow-in-the-dark stars works wonders for me in letting go of the details for the time being. Now, if only I lived in the country side of this state where light pollution wasn't so big (I'm close, but not close enough.)

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Music studio, where it takes the music I hear in my head and plays the exact musical sounds I hear in my head... lighting in there lights up in colors along with the music I hear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Music studio, where it takes the music I hear in my head and plays the exact musical sounds I hear in my head... lighting in there lights up in colors along with the music I hear.
    Ha! That would be cool. I have dreams of entire symphonies, but cannot play a musical instrument to save my life. That would be neat, like it reads the electrical impulse of your brain and converts it to sound. The sound then triggers the light.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Yep, I am just an electron in this gigantic universe (sounds geeky, I know.) Though I want to have a good time while I am here, my problems and other people's problems are small, so I shouldn't put too much weight into them (even though I often do.) 100 years is such a blimp on the whole scale of things. It sounds like I am devaluing human existence. The truth is I put too much value in what I or someone else do.

Which is why a room filled with glow-in-the-dark stars works wonders for me in letting go of the details for the time being. Now, if only I lived in the country side of this state where light pollution wasn't so big (I'm close, but not close enough.)
    The only good thing about where I live is the night sky. The other day I was sitting outside speaking to my father, and he was telling me about the stars. He pointed out the brightest star in the sky, and I said "NO! That is the brightest star!" He looked at me with a dry smirk and replied, "That's Jupiter."

Lol, amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    The only good thing about where I live is the night sky. The other day I was sitting outside speaking to my father, and he was telling me about the stars. He pointed out the brightest star in the sky, and I said "NO! That is the brightest star!" He looked at me with a dry smirk and replied, "That's Jupiter."

Lol, amazing.
    Yep, and the north star (Polaris) is just so dim >.<, especially with all the building around this region that has been going on for the past 12 years I've lived in this one spot.

I want to be able to see the river of stars (the arm of the Milky Way that you see in a not so light polluted area.)

I think the best thing I've ever seen in the night sky was that epic leonid meteor shower(or storm) that happened in 2001 (pretty much the "whole" world could of seen it.) I'm definitely looking forward to the same meteor shower ~22 years from now.

But that is pretty much about it

SingSmileShine

Oh, God. My ENFP mind is racing at just the lovely, lovely possibility!

I would be very tempted to make it an art room. Tons of cozy furniture in which I could draw and write and read, and open space for me to sing out loud - just sing. An Internet to research monologues for acting. Room to practice dancing. Anything visual/performing artsy.

I would also be inclined to make it my own personal gym. However, since I'm already a member of a gym, I'd probably go with the first one!

Interesting question. I'm enjoying reading the answers.

(: