User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you plan your dinners or prefer to wing it?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • plan my dinners

5 18.52%
  • prefer to wing it

9 33.33%
  • in between

13 48.15%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'll attempt to chronologue my daily dinner plans.

1:00pm: Check refrigerator; See food, but nothing I'd actually want to eat.

2:45pm: Check refrigerator again, knowing fully well the results of the last check, yet with a thin ray of hope that perhaps I overlooked something or the grocery fairy has stopped by and left something that would sound appetizing; Reality sets in, and I realize nothing in this refrigeration has changed.

4:45: Repeat step 2, except this time I'm much more disillusioned. Proceed to moan and groan.

6:37: Once again repeat step 2. Acceptance kicks in; There's no food that I want to eat, and rather than stew in my own perpetual sadness of ramen noodles and peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, I accept my fate and realize some type of cohesive action is needed.

6:39: Decision making time. Do I accept my current state of complacency and eat the same boring stuff in the fridge? or do I venture out into that large realm of uncertainty that is the world and scavage for some form of live nourishment, just as my forefathers before me(usually this translates to just order a pizza). AKA The Eternal Conundrum.

Tune in next week folks to find out the epic conclusion to the food fiasco!
    "I'm just here so I won't get fined."

NPcomplete

I keep the fridge well-stocked with vegetables, fruits and the occasional pieces of meat. I don't really plan unless marinating meat counts. Otherwise, I decide what I want to eat at the very last moment and I make it. The fact that my cooking repertoire involves mostly food that can be prepared fast probably plays a major role in this too.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I try to plan, but whim gets in the way. I'm a lot better when it's not just me.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I want to be able to plan mine.

I'm such an inferior cook that to plan solid meals means I'm expecting success when my past history hasn't really established that yet. If I do it spontaneously I can decide if I have the emotional energy/time to take a risk with a considerable likelihood of failure, lol. Or I can boil frozen veggies on the stove and put talapia in the oven and know I won't screw up.

I want to plan more this year. I'm slowly learning grown-up skills.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

I don't really plan food since cooking is a daunting skill to me, like maths is to others. Usually I just feel lost with it all.
    But I do think there's value in planning. If I plan. I'm more likely to eat since it'll be based on food on the fridge.

Better than not eating at times. =/

30 seconds in advance. Big planner!

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Depends. When my son is with me, I try to plan ahead including contingency meals in case he's invited friends for dinner (which happens often). When I'm only cooking for myself, most often, no planning.
    Yeah my dad is the same way too.

I think people plan so their lives run smoothly alongside with others. Planning doesn't happen unless you bring something into consideration, even if it be a budget.

If you're free and independent, plans aren't necessary near the number of times they are when you are living with others.

Most of my daily "plans" pretty much amount to when the mood strikes me or when I need to reach an ultra-long term goal.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't plan, but I would prefer to....it just doesn't happen that way! Or I plan to and something comes up. I've mostly given up these days and just buy things I know I can make into a meal with the staples I always have.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Actually I cook around 5 "nice" meals a week even though I don't really plan much (twice a week I generally eat out). Geez. I feel so old fashioned italian now, lol.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Yeah my dad is the same way too.

I think people plan so their lives run smoothly alongside with others. Planning doesn't happen unless you bring something into consideration, even if it be a budget.

If you're free and independent, plans aren't necessary near the number of times they are when you are living with others.
    Yup! I'm happy making a sammich or sometimes, don't bother eating beyond grazing all day long.