User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default what are you eating for new years eve?

well...... for dinner cooking? going out? what?

I'm cooking, I'm making crab cakes, caesar salad, making the dressing from scratch, a medeley of peas, broccoli, and leeks covered in butter, and slice some sanfrancisco sour dough bread to go with it, and my mom is making this drink with peaches and champagne. I wanted to make chocolate pots for dessert but decided that was a bit much and we just bought baklava
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

We're all bringing assorted appetizers and desserts. For the main courses, everyone will be choosing from Greek, Japanese or Chinese delivery. For drinks, byob, which will if history repeats itself, everyone bringing a bottle of champagne.

figsfiggyfigs

Airplane food!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

nothing.

I hate NYE. Before the separation, we used to get together with a few other families and do pot luck food and dessert, it was a great time. Since the separation, due to my moving around, I think I've had one great NYE when I was out at Suba's (a small evocative club/bar) with friends. Tonight I'm sitting here again with no plans because no one I know lives nearby, and I hate the social scene. Maybe next year....

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Airplane food!
    Where are you flying?

Or do you just have really awful taste in food?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

We're roastin' a whole pig. Im so fucking excited.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Week old cold pizza and gummi worms marinated in scotch.
    "I'm just here so I won't get fined."

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    nothing.

I hate NYE. Before the separation, we used to get together with a few other families and do pot luck food and dessert, it was a great time. Since the separation, due to my moving around, I think I've had one great NYE when I was out at Suba's (a small evocative club/bar) with friends. Tonight I'm sitting here again with no plans because no one I know lives nearby, and I hate the social scene. Maybe next year....

Where are you flying?

Or do you just have really awful taste in food?
    I'm spending new years at home as well with my parents, but I figured I'd cook something nice, although I'd make crab cakes any night of the week, i also offered lamb chops with mint and tomato salad, but we decided to wait until grilling weather and do the lamb on the grill. probably go to bed around 9 or 10 unless i decide to stay up and drink.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I'm spending new years at home as well with my parents, but I figured I'd cook something nice, although I'd make crab cakes any night of the week, i also offered lamb chops with mint and tomato salad, but we decided to wait until grilling weather and do the lamb on the grill. probably go to bed around 9 or 10 unless i decide to stay up and drink.
    The food sounds really nice. I would cook here but I just don't feel like doing it for just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    We're roastin' a whole pig. Im so fucking excited.
    ha, you're such a crackup!
    Bet the pig's thrilled too.....

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    The food sounds really nice. I would cook here but I just don't feel like doing it for just me.

yeah I wouldn't either. it's not worth cooking for one person unless you do something you can freeze, like lasagne
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    yeah I wouldn't either. it's not worth cooking for one person unless you do something you can freeze, like lasagne
    yeah, I do that from time to time. I need to do that more, actually, this year in order to trim my budget. Otherwise it's too tempting to spend add'l money for one-shot meals.