• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what are you eating for new years eve?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
well...... for dinner cooking? going out? what?

I'm cooking, I'm making crab cakes, caesar salad, making the dressing from scratch, a medeley of peas, broccoli, and leeks covered in butter, and slice some sanfrancisco sour dough bread to go with it, and my mom is making this drink with peaches and champagne. I wanted to make chocolate pots for dessert but decided that was a bit much and we just bought baklava

rav3n

We're all bringing assorted appetizers and desserts. For the main courses, everyone will be choosing from Greek, Japanese or Chinese delivery. For drinks, byob, which will if history repeats itself, everyone bringing a bottle of champagne.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
nothing.

I hate NYE. Before the separation, we used to get together with a few other families and do pot luck food and dessert, it was a great time. Since the separation, due to my moving around, I think I've had one great NYE when I was out at Suba's (a small evocative club/bar) with friends. Tonight I'm sitting here again with no plans because no one I know lives nearby, and I hate the social scene. Maybe next year....

Airplane food! :D

Where are you flying?

Or do you just have really awful taste in food? :D

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We're roastin' a whole pig. Im so fucking excited.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
nothing.

I hate NYE. Before the separation, we used to get together with a few other families and do pot luck food and dessert, it was a great time. Since the separation, due to my moving around, I think I've had one great NYE when I was out at Suba's (a small evocative club/bar) with friends. Tonight I'm sitting here again with no plans because no one I know lives nearby, and I hate the social scene. Maybe next year....

Where are you flying?

I'm spending new years at home as well with my parents, but I figured I'd cook something nice, although I'd make crab cakes any night of the week, i also offered lamb chops with mint and tomato salad, but we decided to wait until grilling weather and do the lamb on the grill. probably go to bed around 9 or 10 unless i decide to stay up and drink.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm spending new years at home as well with my parents, but I figured I'd cook something nice, although I'd make crab cakes any night of the week, i also offered lamb chops with mint and tomato salad, but we decided to wait until grilling weather and do the lamb on the grill. probably go to bed around 9 or 10 unless i decide to stay up and drink.

The food sounds really nice. I would cook here but I just don't feel like doing it for just me.

We're roastin' a whole pig. Im so fucking excited.

ha, you're such a crackup!
Bet the pig's thrilled too.....

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
The food sounds really nice. I would cook here but I just don't feel like doing it for just me.

yeah I wouldn't either. it's not worth cooking for one person unless you do something you can freeze, like lasagne

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah I wouldn't either. it's not worth cooking for one person unless you do something you can freeze, like lasagne

yeah, I do that from time to time. I need to do that more, actually, this year in order to trim my budget. Otherwise it's too tempting to spend add'l money for one-shot meals.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yeah, I do that from time to time. I need to do that more, actually, this year in order to trim my budget. Otherwise it's too tempting to spend add'l money for one-shot meals.

when I was cooking just for myself I lived off of stove top stuffing for a month, not the healthiest option, but i need people so i eat healthier, because i love cooking for others but hate cooking for myself

Beorn

Permabanned
I've been staying with uber-natural food conscious relatives in Connecticut. The food has been excellent. Oven is out of order so we're a little limited. So far today we've been nibbling at leftovers including Falafel with a raita type sauce, coconut oil fried eggplant in tomato sauce, turkey soup, ginger root tea, and my favorite a bottle of La Fin Du Monde Belgian style beer. Tonight I know the ladies are making chili and lentil soup, but I'm not sure what else. I've really been enjoying the raw milk in the house and I hope tomorrow morning I can try some eggs from the chickens in the back yard. Yum.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I've been staying with uber-natural food conscious relatives in Connecticut. The food has been excellent. Oven is out of order so we're a little limited. So far today we've been nibbling at leftovers including Falafel with a raita type sauce, coconut oil fried eggplant in tomato sauce, turkey soup, ginger root tea, and my favorite a bottle of La Fin Du Monde Belgian style beer. Tonight I know the ladies are making chili and lentil soup, but I'm not sure what else. I've really been enjoying the raw milk in the house and I hope tomorrow morning I can try some eggs from the chickens in the back yard. Yum.
that sounds awesome, i love farm fresh eggs if you're ever in northern california stay at mar vista they have chickens and goats and other animals and bring farm fresh eggs to your cabin each morning it's complimentary

Beorn

Permabanned
that sounds awesome, i love farm fresh eggs if you're ever in northern california stay at mar vista they have chickens and goats and other animals and bring farm fresh eggs to your cabin each morning it's complimentary

That sounds great. I've never been to NorCal, but I'll do my best to make it there if I get the chance.

Ftr, roosters can be total cocks. I relish the idea of the big rooster here being turned into a roast.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ftr, roosters can be total cocks. I relish the idea of the big rooster here being turned into a roast.

Heh... we had a huge white rooster growing up and he got to the point where he started to attack the grown labrador retriever we owned (so we ended up having to kill him). He was a mean bastard. Turning a rooster into a roaster sounds good to me.

F

figsfiggyfigs

nothing.

Where are you flying?

How dare you miss. How dare you insult the genius of airplane food.
I'm flying over to copenhagen in 20. The only thing I'm excited about is the food.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How dare you miss. How dare you insult the genius of airplane food.
I'm flying over to copenhagen in 20. The only thing I'm excited about is the food.

Us domestic food improved dramatically on flights once it stopped being free.

bluestripes

curiouser and curiouser
MBTI Type
Fi
Enneagram
just what i commonly have for dinner - store-bought head cheese with horseradish paste, carrot salad with sour cream/mayonnaise and boiled potatoes. i liked the potatoes, they were very soft and had none of that unpleasant soapy taste. :)

i was exhausted after doing an extremely long and urgent translation on the day before, so i decided not to cook.