User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    yeah, I do that from time to time. I need to do that more, actually, this year in order to trim my budget. Otherwise it's too tempting to spend add'l money for one-shot meals.
    when I was cooking just for myself I lived off of stove top stuffing for a month, not the healthiest option, but i need people so i eat healthier, because i love cooking for others but hate cooking for myself
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

I've been staying with uber-natural food conscious relatives in Connecticut. The food has been excellent. Oven is out of order so we're a little limited. So far today we've been nibbling at leftovers including Falafel with a raita type sauce, coconut oil fried eggplant in tomato sauce, turkey soup, ginger root tea, and my favorite a bottle of La Fin Du Monde Belgian style beer. Tonight I know the ladies are making chili and lentil soup, but I'm not sure what else. I've really been enjoying the raw milk in the house and I hope tomorrow morning I can try some eggs from the chickens in the back yard. Yum.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    I've been staying with uber-natural food conscious relatives in Connecticut. The food has been excellent. Oven is out of order so we're a little limited. So far today we've been nibbling at leftovers including Falafel with a raita type sauce, coconut oil fried eggplant in tomato sauce, turkey soup, ginger root tea, and my favorite a bottle of La Fin Du Monde Belgian style beer. Tonight I know the ladies are making chili and lentil soup, but I'm not sure what else. I've really been enjoying the raw milk in the house and I hope tomorrow morning I can try some eggs from the chickens in the back yard. Yum.
    that sounds awesome, i love farm fresh eggs if you're ever in northern california stay at mar vista they have chickens and goats and other animals and bring farm fresh eggs to your cabin each morning it's complimentary
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    that sounds awesome, i love farm fresh eggs if you're ever in northern california stay at mar vista they have chickens and goats and other animals and bring farm fresh eggs to your cabin each morning it's complimentary
    That sounds great. I've never been to NorCal, but I'll do my best to make it there if I get the chance.

Ftr, roosters can be total cocks. I relish the idea of the big rooster here being turned into a roast.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    Ftr, roosters can be total cocks. I relish the idea of the big rooster here being turned into a roast.
    Heh... we had a huge white rooster growing up and he got to the point where he started to attack the grown labrador retriever we owned (so we ended up having to kill him). He was a mean bastard. Turning a rooster into a roaster sounds good to me.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Pizza.
    Lobster Bisque.
    Coffee with eggnog.

What a combo.

figsfiggyfigs

nothing.

Where are you flying?

Or do you just have really awful taste in food?
    How dare you miss. How dare you insult the genius of airplane food.
    I'm flying over to copenhagen in 20. The only thing I'm excited about is the food.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    How dare you miss. How dare you insult the genius of airplane food.
    I'm flying over to copenhagen in 20. The only thing I'm excited about is the food.
    Us domestic food improved dramatically on flights once it stopped being free.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

figsfiggyfigs

Us domestic food improved dramatically on flights once it stopped being free.
    Reese airplane food that costs money. Now THAT'S insulting.

curiouser and curiouser bluestripes's Avatar
    MBTI
    Fi
    Enneagram

just what i commonly have for dinner - store-bought head cheese with horseradish paste, carrot salad with sour cream/mayonnaise and boiled potatoes. i liked the potatoes, they were very soft and had none of that unpleasant soapy taste.

i was exhausted after doing an extremely long and urgent translation on the day before, so i decided not to cook.
    "i love deadlines. i like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." (c) douglas adams

"there are only two ways to live your life. one is as though nothing is a miracle. the other is as though everything is a miracle." (c) albert einstein

"if only i could grow with my eyes - like these leaves - into the depth" (c) sergei esenin

"god is in the details" (c) proverb