User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which one would be a better long-term investment financially and security wise?

14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Apartment (max of 3 rooms)

6 42.86%
  • House( ~6-7 rooms)

8 57.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Purchase of House or Apartment

A house is a great investment if you get a 10 year loan, a good investment with a 15 year loan and a poor investment with a 30 year loan. If you can find a place that you like and can pay off in 10 years then I highly recommend it. If you have to go 15 years to get the place you want then it's understandable and still a pretty good investment. Avoid 30 year loans at all costs. You are better off getting an apartment and just putting money into savings at that point.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)

8w9 sp/sx

Because of the malleable nature of apartments at little to no cost, I choose apartment. I don't need that much space, and considering how prices and the population is going up, apartments will be quicker to approve and more affordable. Quick and easy $
    I N V I C T U S

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    549 sx/sp
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by gaylehoran View Post
    Before considering a purchase, it's wise to weigh the pros and cons of both choices to make an informed decision.
    Isn't that what this entire thread has been about?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

468 sx/sp

I voted condo over house, just because of the maintenance issues. I work long hours and don't want to spend my free time mowing the lawn, etc. Review the condo documents before you invest, and ask about the history of fee increases. There are some nice things about ownership but overall I'm not sure it's all it's cracked up to be. I miss being able to just pack up and move on a moment's notice. I'll never be able to sell my place because my loan is so far upside down, it's got its head in the ground. Wish I had waited till the economy failed to buy (my income has remained stable). You can surely pick up some good deals now.