• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fresh herbs recipe?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a bunch of different fresh herbs. What can I make using them before they wilt and go bad? I prefer to use them all in one dish/entree.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
sage, rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil.

A

Anew Leaf

Sage, rosemary, thyme: would be great on new potatoes.

Basil and oregano are fabulous for spaghetti sauces.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sage, rosemary, thyme: would be great on new potatoes.

Basil and oregano are fabulous for spaghetti sauces.

Thank you. I was feeling like baking bread, even though I've never made that before, nor do I own a loaf pan.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I agree. If you get some fresh tomatoes, you could have a killer spaghetti sauce with them.

When we were growing our garden this summer, we ended up making and canning a ton of spaghetti sauces and tomato paste. They taste amazing still, even though it's well into winter and the tomatoes are long gone from the vines :D

Another idea: All of those herbs would make a GREAT stuffing addition, and stuffing is very forgiving about adding too many herbs.

I put the recipe in my cook book, but the herbs I used are easily interchangable.

MBTI Type
INTJ
sage, rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil.

Chop them up finely and mix them with softened butter, then slather it all over a chicken and under the skin, then roast the chicken. Yum! You can coat potato wedges with the same stuff and roast them.