User Tag List

123 Last

curiouser and curiouser bluestripes's Avatar
    MBTI
    Fi
    Enneagram

Default post pictures of ginger cats

i love ginger cats, so i thought i should make a thread where everyone could post photos of theirs.

these are of a cat named lys whom i had for a few months last year. he died of erlichiosis and i am not that sure that i have gotten over it, yet. i like looking through his photos and sharing them with others because it is comforting.

"i love deadlines. i like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." (c) douglas adams

"there are only two ways to live your life. one is as though nothing is a miracle. the other is as though everything is a miracle." (c) albert einstein

"if only i could grow with my eyes - like these leaves - into the depth" (c) sergei esenin

"god is in the details" (c) proverb

MBTI
    Fi
    Enneagram

lys sleeping with another cat of mine, whose name is x. it was the last and i think the only time they slept together.

"i love deadlines. i like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." (c) douglas adams

"there are only two ways to live your life. one is as though nothing is a miracle. the other is as though everything is a miracle." (c) albert einstein

"if only i could grow with my eyes - like these leaves - into the depth" (c) sergei esenin

MBTI
    Fi
    Enneagram

lys being licked by another ginger cat whom i call shket or just ginger. these were taken when lys was seriously ill already, a few weeks before he died. shket must have sensed something.

MBTI
    Fi
    Enneagram

more photos of shket and lys together. when a colleague saw this, she asked whether they were mother and baby. apparently they look that similar, though they are not related at all.

Riva

I am sorry to hear about your cat. Our family lost our dog about 3 months ago and we still miss her.

Especially when we come home and realize she is not there to greet us .

MBTI
    Fi
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I am sorry to hear about your cat. Our family lost our dog about 3 months ago and we still miss her.

Especially when we come home and realize she is not there to greet us .
    thank you. i keep thinking that i will enter the room and he will be there on my bed. must be my mind refusing to acknowledge what has happened (it seems to be my typical reaction to loss).

and i am sorry about your dog, too. i like to see it this way: i am glad i had lys, however little it lasted. and i tried my best to make him feel comfortable and loved while he was here - i wouldn't be certain how successful i was, but i hope he was happy.

i'm sure your dog had also been happy with you.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

He looks alot like one of my moms cat who also has mini tail, my moms cat is different color tho, but the shape of his face etc are very similar, also my moms cat is like 5 months old only.

And sorry for your loss
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    Fi
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    He looks alot like one of my moms cat who also has mini tail, my moms cat is different color tho, but the shape of his face etc are very similar, also my moms cat is like 5 months old only.

And sorry for your loss
    i think lys was fairly young when i found him - he looked like an adolescent or young adult cat, not exactly a kitten anymore but not grown to full size either. so i think he was three or four months old at most, probably not even that. he must have been less than a year old when he died. and he was quite a miniature cat too - i used to wonder what he would look like when he grew larger, because it seemed that he had long, strong legs, but then on the whole he was smaller and more delicate than my other cats.

he didn't initially have the stump/mini-tail. while he was out in the streets, a dog ripped most of the skin off his tail and the bare bone dried and broke off, but there was a wound at the base which would not heal as there was not enough skin left. this was why i adopted him - i couldn't just leave him with an injury such as this, but once i had had him for a few days, i knew i would keep him because he was one of the most affectionate and unique cats i had ever seen. i took him to the vet's and they amputated the remaining stump so he came to look indistinguishable from japanese bobtails and other breeds that are born with a short tail. i was very happy and proud of the way it had been done for a short while before he caught that illness.

and thank you.

i found some more pictures:

MBTI
    Fi
    Enneagram

more:

I enjoyed looking through the pics! Post some more =)