User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

YES it's cool! And that bathroom design, omg. Inspiring! I live in 597 square feet and need to renovate my tiny bathroom. Wish I could do something like that.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ I definitely want the charm of the whimsy-looking crooked home with the lantern and all.. but inside, I'd like it to be more comfortable and modern.. The outside would deceive the inside a bit since I've never been one for 'rustic' decor, so I'll be going with more japanese-inspired designs inside, which doesn't match the outside at all.. but I'm really fine with that, and maybe if I do a sort of shrine-looking hint to it it'll match well enough. Simplicity, modern accents, natural materials, crowded with things I love, and live plants will be decoration enough for me.

I lived in 550 sq. ft. for a year's time, the biggest place I've ever taken residence in where everything inside was my own things, and I loved the space. It was just big enough for me, I didn't need more or less, it was big enough to entertain people and small enough to be easy to clean. I could deep clean my whole place in 3 hours, scrubbing every corner and piece. Try to say spring cleaning took a mere day in a 1,000+ sq. ft house!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I'm going to show this thread to my daughter. She currently lives under the stairs in a (enlarged) pantry! We want to move to a bigger house soon and she tells me we need to find a house with a mini room for her. She loves it!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

@Elaur

Have you thought about maybe making her a small guest house outside? Humble Homes, Simple Shacks.. The guy that runs this blog here:
    http://www.relaxshacks.blogspot.com/

He's got a slew of small cottages and houses that could be built for minimal money especially with recycled materials.. Even if she doesn't get a small place of her own, she may really enjoy having a tiny retreat to go to away from that bigger place

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Tree houses are currently a trend that shows no sign of declining. Numerous people are looking for ways to relax outside their own homes. They are achieving this by building a large or a small tree house. This type of a house adds beauty to your home.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Ive been doing a lot of research regarding everything.. my plans will definitely take longer than expected.

Buying the land comes first. I'm prolonging my own home to pay for my parents house. My attempts to land an overseas job will pay off the land. A year of work at home will pay for my house.. at least a livable portion of it. My goal is to be debt free by 30.. when I say that I mean never worry about debt again.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

The downside of delaying my house is obvious.. the upside is I can still explore many possibilities for creating the home I shopped around for here. I will have the time to find an architect to draw plans and apply for a building permit that will make my home legal. I still might build the small shed with the money I get from my bonus for re enlisting. If I can do that I certainly will.. it will be simply furnished and solar powered with a small water collection system. Id just need to make 5grand appear to complete the interior and components. Maybe ill take on a job between deployment and contract work to cover that. Even something as small as that would be lovely. It'd basically be like a hotel room.. limited cooking but functional nonetheless.

Ill write a larger post later when I have time and a computer.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

So I think I am going to go with a tuff shed. They have a Houston based company, they have many awards for long lasting product and many people have already outfitted the structure for indoor use. Strong enough to become storage and safe enough for a home.

$5 grand for the basic structure. I'm sure with incidentals $6. That's 120 sq ft. Half of what I was looking at.. but also half the price.

Ikea loft bed and a fold out couch for a guest room. A walk in bathroom like the one I posted about. A hand crank washer and spin dryer. A portable induction cook top and a microwave oven. A coffee pot. A table top dishwasher. A small freezer fridge. Based on the design on page 1 but much more condensed and leaving some things out. I can finish the interior for $2 and I think another $2 will buy furniture, appliances plumbing and electricity.... ill still have my skylight too.. I can look at the stars as I sleep.

$10. I will have $5 for sure. The other $5 I think I have a plan for where it is coming from.

April 2013 construction starts. $10 grand and ill have all the comforts of a modern house. No debt. Tiny utility bills. Its going to be amazing. I can do this.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

I am excited for you!
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    I am excited for you!
    ty kindly! I'm rather excited myself.. lots of information gathering and coin shuffling around.and shopping online is something ive become rather fond of lately.