User Tag List

First 212930313233 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Sounds like a good time! When the ground breaks on the house I'll shoot you a PM I'm hoping for the land to be settled in this year, and push forward with the house itself end of the year or early next year.
    Sounds good Will have to subscribe to this thread. Should be mostly done with my house by then.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Three unique elements I really loved in this place:
    1. The dining table is elevated.. the stairs become the dining room chairs. A really cool concept to eat higher than the ground level.
    2. The full-size 4-burner range in the middle of that place.
    3. the use of that 'corner' space being open to access with those backside baskets.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

u buyin
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    STP

What size house are you planning on building sqft wise? U gonna build it yourself from the ground up, buy kits, or contract out to have it built?

I have wanted a pull along trailer for camping and came across these tiny houses a year or so ago and decided I was gonna build one instead of buying a pull along. Havnt looked into it to much yet as it will probably be 3-4 years down the road before I build one, but they are pretty cool.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    What size house are you planning on building sqft wise? U gonna build it yourself from the ground up, buy kits, or contract out to have it built?

I have wanted a pull along trailer for camping and came across these tiny houses a year or so ago and decided I was gonna build one instead of buying a pull along. Havnt looked into it to much yet as it will probably be 3-4 years down the road before I build one, but they are pretty cool.
    So, I have a split tiny house thing going on. I will have a guest house on my parents' property (aka my land too, but my parents will live on it) that I am building from the ground up. Nothing fancy.. just a tall barn-style shed like structure that'll be exactly 200 sq. ft for city code side-stepping, with a small L-shaped porch on it. Something that's just enough for a single person to live comfortably in, or two people to temporarily stay in. This is the one I'm currently planning on, and I've got the funds for.

Eventually, I will build a nicer tiny house.. whether in Texas, or elsewhere, is yet to be seen, but I draw inspiration for that house all of the time. The idea is that eventually we'll own a small ranch's worth of property here in Texas, and maybe there is where I will stick my home. But I have no clue yet. It is my dream to have a creepy house, and a victorian-style look to aspects of it, and a slightly medieval look .. and I think I can marry all of those concepts together. A definite medieval looking outdoor kitchen/dining area.. and an outdoor meditation area of sorts.. a place of ritual in a corner of something somewhere. I dunno how to span all of this out yet.. but this home will not be nearly as tiny as the 200 sq. ft home. I'm thinking more of a 1,000 sq. ft home for this one. Still small, but lots more space and good engineering to make it just big enough to feel a little luxurious.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Three unique elements I really loved in this place:
    1. The dining table is elevated.. the stairs become the dining room chairs. A really cool concept to eat higher than the ground level.
    2. The full-size 4-burner range in the middle of that place.
    3. the use of that 'corner' space being open to access with those backside baskets.
    whoa dude. In love <3
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    STP

So, I have a split tiny house thing going on. I will have a guest house on my parents' property (aka my land too, but my parents will live on it) that I am building from the ground up. Nothing fancy.. just a tall barn-style shed like structure that'll be exactly 200 sq. ft for city code side-stepping, with a small L-shaped porch on it. Something that's just enough for a single person to live comfortably in, or two people to temporarily stay in. This is the one I'm currently planning on, and I've got the funds for.

Eventually, I will build a nicer tiny house.. whether in Texas, or elsewhere, is yet to be seen, but I draw inspiration for that house all of the time. The idea is that eventually we'll own a small ranch's worth of property here in Texas, and maybe there is where I will stick my home. But I have no clue yet. It is my dream to have a creepy house, and a victorian-style look to aspects of it, and a slightly medieval look .. and I think I can marry all of those concepts together. A definite medieval looking outdoor kitchen/dining area.. and an outdoor meditation area of sorts.. a place of ritual in a corner of something somewhere. I dunno how to span all of this out yet.. but this home will not be nearly as tiny as the 200 sq. ft home. I'm thinking more of a 1,000 sq. ft home for this one. Still small, but lots more space and good engineering to make it just big enough to feel a little luxurious.
    Nice I like the idea of a huge porch, even a semi-outdoor bedroom would sound awesome. I like 2000 sqft houses, but if given an outdoor patio/kitchen I would definitely do a smaller house. I just picked up a free hot tub, its not in the best condition, but it doesn't leak and runs good. It just has cosmetic sun damage. Wanting to put French doors in the master so I can get somewhat of an outdoor feel. Torches, hot tub, open bedroom with a comfy bed and candles... and a waterfall somewhere. That's the Hawaiian side of me dreaming. In love outdoors. If I had the yard I would love to have a huge outdoor area
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes kyuuei liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

this is kind of cool reminds me a little of snow crash though
    South African company making shipping containers feel like a ‘real’ house
    South African citizens eligible to apply for a RDP house must have a total household income of less than R3,500 ($277). But those that earn marginally more face limited options.

“And that is where there is a big gap in the market,” noted Maydew. “Those millions of people that are in an income bracket that should be able to afford a home, but can’t… What they can’t do is get a bond. They can’t necessarily get onto that property ladder because the price is R400,000 or R500,000.”

Kalil added this is the income group that the company is looking to target. “They have just missed the housing subsidy bracket and they can’t afford to buy a R500,000 house or even spend R150,000 to built one. But they can afford to have a R100,000 fully-fitted container home that is delivered in three weeks.”

For R100,000 ($7,910) the company offers bachelor units with a bathroom, shower, kitchenette (sink and two cooking hotplates) and built-in cupboards. They are beautifully finished with windows, flooring, a sliding door, and a variety of different exterior cladding options.

And on the high-end side, a two bedroom home – with a number of additional extras such as an oven with extractor fan – will cost around R180,000 ($14,250)
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Shipping containers have their flaws and issues, I used to live in one, but they are awesome for what they are. They do make incredibly awesome storage facilities.

I'm still working on a land deal here.. my issue is logistical in nature--primary housing loans for the land mean I'd have to 'officially move' there long before my house would be complete, which means I have to save money for a 20% down payment investment property... laaame. I'm working on it currently. The money I have saved now will just have to go towards the land investment before I can really get this thing off the ground.

In the meanwhile, I've been trying to finalize some design features of the tiny barn. It needs to be set up in such a way that I can take it down and have it unused for a few months at a time. While I can pretty much rely on a family member to check in on it and sweep away some cobwebs, it still needs to be stuff that doesn't need constant maintenance.

I'm going to test pilot some things here at the house I'm currently living in. Like building a small outdoor kitchen area out of a camping stove in such a way that I can just open up everything and have it be protected from bugs and weather.

I'm going electric because electricity is cheap in Texas, and I can always use non-electric options like solar-power for lamps and lights and a camping stove outside. So the stove/oven will be a couple small, cheap burners and a microwave oven. The one I have here is fantastic and more than enough awesomeness for cooking. I'm not one of those crazy off-the-grid tiny types, and I'm not overly concerned about this or that environmental thing.. electricity is cheap, the machines are cheap, etc. etc.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'm going electric because electricity is cheap in Texas, and I can always use non-electric options like solar-power for lamps and lights and a camping stove outside. So the stove/oven will be a couple small, cheap burners and a microwave oven. The one I have here is fantastic and more than enough awesomeness for cooking. I'm not one of those crazy off-the-grid tiny types, and I'm not overly concerned about this or that environmental thing.. electricity is cheap, the machines are cheap, etc. etc.
    It was either Tiny House Nation or another tiny house show that used solar roof shingles. There are tax-incentives and rebates, plus the price is coming down and saving 40-60% of electricity sounds good.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.