User Tag List

First 192728293031 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

tiny house washing machine hide.jpg

EASILY the coolest thing I've seen so far. Washing machine inside of counter top space. Definitely going to find a way to incorporate this into the tiny! Definitely with the addition of some utility hidden doors so that I can access it from several standpoints.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    yupp

This Tiny House Seems Weird From The Outside, But When You Step Inside? WHOA! - LittleThings.com

there's a link to the builder's site but it was in japanese so unless you know japanese
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

This thread is interesting. Subscribed. Followed

MBTI
    yupp
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ I think a large reason America is really stuck in the 'trailer home' business is because of our space issue--or lack thereof really. The only places I see very modern looking tiny homes is very high-end RVs and hippy sort of cities lacking space. Especially here in the south you're more like to equate trashy with tiny, which is pretty unfortunate.

I could see a very nice tiny-version of a Southern style home, with the rounded drawing-room-style front and L'shaped porch kicking off of it with columns, two stories. Elegant tiny houses could be a pretty awesome thing here, and a way to bring southern-style looks back to southern homes vs this current cookie-cutter trend.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    ^ I think a large reason America is really stuck in the 'trailer home' business is because of our space issue--or lack thereof really. The only places I see very modern looking tiny homes is very high-end RVs and hippy sort of cities lacking space. Especially here in the south you're more like to equate trashy with tiny, which is pretty unfortunate.

I could see a very nice tiny-version of a Southern style home, with the rounded drawing-room-style front and L'shaped porch kicking off of it with columns, two stories. Elegant tiny houses could be a pretty awesome thing here, and a way to bring southern-style looks back to southern homes vs this current cookie-cutter trend.
    With $5,000 And A Little Determination, These Folks Built A Tiny Dream Home… - LittleThings.com

ok not southern style home exactly but here's a picture of the interior

In no likes experiment.

that is all

Likes kyuuei, LonestarCowgirl liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post

My ENFJ and I are really getting addicted to watching Tiny House Nation.

Tiny House Nation - Episodes, Video & Schedule - FYI Network

I would never attempt this with small children (although people do) or older kids for that matter. There is a big lack of privacy in the sleeping areas of these 200 or 250 sq. foot homes. The bigger ones are really appealing, something along the lines of 300-500 sq. feet. Zack, the contractor comes up with some brilliant ideas to deal with storage and seating. Something like this from Tumbleweed is adorable.

I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    My ENFJ and I are really getting addicted to watching Tiny House Nation.

Tiny House Nation - Episodes, Video & Schedule - FYI Network

I would never attempt this with small children (although people do) or older kids for that matter. There is a big lack of privacy in the sleeping areas of these 200 or 250 sq. foot homes. The bigger ones are really appealing, something along the lines of 300-500 sq. feet. Zack, the contractor comes up with some brilliant ideas to deal with storage and seating. Something like this from Tumbleweed is adorable.

Yeah, it is definitely better to have square footage vs cheap short term stuff. I'm looking at <300 sq. ft for my own place here in TX, but a bigger residence where ever I decide to live. This is more of a guest house... made long term residence sometimes.

MBTI
    yupp

In no likes experiment.

that is all

your resident asshole

@kyuuei - Is this project still ongoing? Has it been completed already? There are a lot of pages and I've only scanned through the first and last several pages. (Can't believe I missed this thread.)