User Tag List

First 162425262728 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I had seen the first one but those pictures on the site are better, the second one is SO amazing! And in the alps no less?!

I'm dying over here with worst room, I hadn't heard of it before.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I had seen the first one but those pictures on the site are better, the second one is SO amazing! And in the alps no less?!

I'm dying over here with worst room, I hadn't heard of it before.
    I read that whole blog last night was up til 3 doing so, even though I went to bed a t 10
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    tres:ever visit THE WORST ROOM ?
    The winner of the WORST Room very closely resembles a room I lived in, for 1 year, while living in student housing, in a crap house (with a vermin infestation problem), but surrounded by 7 of my best buds and paying the cheapest rent. So, it made it bearable. I don't know why the idiot chose a double bed for that. I had a single, which I put against the slanted wall, and used that remaining open space for a tiny desk and chair. I put shelves on the walls. And, the other end of the room, along the slanted side, went in deeper, like a crawl space, so I put one of these: Indoor Clothes Hanger/Clothes Rack (FD1-01) - China garment hanger, Yikang in there, for my clothes and a little dresser. The highlight was that one tiny window, just like the room in the pic. Otherwise, the layout and dimensions were basically the same, sans the crawlspace.

This one: THE WORST ROOM: Los Angeles, California. $500.00 "take notice it...

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    The winner of the WORST Room very closely resembles a room I lived in, for 1 year, while living in student housing, in a crap house (with a vermin infestation problem), but surrounded by 7 of my best buds and paying the cheapest rent. So, it made it bearable. I don't know why the idiot chose a double bed for that. I had a single, which I put against the slanted wall, and used that remaining open space for a tiny desk and chair. I put shelves on the walls. And, the other end of the room, along the slanted side, went in deeper, like a crawl space, so I put one of these: Indoor Clothes Hanger/Clothes Rack (FD1-01) - China garment hanger, Yikang in there, for my clothes and a little dresser. The highlight was that one tiny window, just like the room in the pic. Otherwise, the layout and dimensions were basically the same, sans the crawlspace.
    tbt I look up worst apartments in the country and also search slum lords on yelp, it's a sick obsession of mine. most people look at the best i'm like let me look at the worst so i can feel better about my situation. also so i know if i ever move there what places to avoid like the plague
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

one time I lived in such a slum in Chicago that I saw a rat the size of a rottweiler and when it moved under the the moonlight I saw the glint off it's muscle sinew like it was some sort of panther flexing on a tree during an African safari.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Totally my style that one. I'm wanting to put a storybook witches cottage on my acreage. Liking this inspiration.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so
    Socionics
    INTP Ni

Hmm it's not so hard plenty of people have built their tiny houses from scratch. As far as not building on a concrete foundation, @kyuuei might want to build on a trailer or something of that nature as some people like building tiny houses that are mobile, and building on a trailer helps to avoid many building codes @kyuuei, I have been reading up on this stuff so if you ever want to chat or talk let me know, I would also hope that you post all about your adventure here, so that people can see what you are going thorough including me.

I'm trying to get the money together to get:
    either the linden

Linden

or the cypress
    Cypress

last choice being the mica
    Linden

I like all three, I know im going to get there, you have inspired me once again by posting about this here.
    Likes kyuuei liked this post

@kyuuei, have you thought about gabion foundations? Gabions need no other footing except gravel to level off the ground. They are entirely removable and can work like piers. They are also self-installable because they are low tech, the weight of the fill gives them stability and the ability to cope with ground heave. I'm planning to build with gabions for this exact reason, plus I have some large landscape projects near me done with them and the look amazing. Very similar to drystone feature walls.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by another_six View Post
    Hmm it's not so hard plenty of people have built their tiny houses from scratch. As far as not building on a concrete foundation, @kyuuei might want to build on a trailer or something of that nature as some people like building tiny houses that are mobile, and building on a trailer helps to avoid many building codes @kyuuei, I have been reading up on this stuff so if you ever want to chat or talk let me know, I would also hope that you post all about your adventure here, so that people can see what you are going thorough including me.

I'm trying to get the money together to get:
    either the linden

Linden

or the cypress
    Cypress

last choice being the mica
    Linden

I like all three, I know im going to get there, you have inspired me once again by posting about this here.
    Oh man I'm so close I can taste it I certainly will!

Quote Originally Posted by Chthonic View Post
    kyuuei, have you thought about gabion foundations? Gabions need no other footing except gravel to level off the ground. They are entirely removable and can work like piers. They are also self-installable because they are low tech, the weight of the fill gives them stability and the ability to cope with ground heave. I'm planning to build with gabions for this exact reason, plus I have some large landscape projects near me done with them and the look amazing. Very similar to drystone feature walls.
    I haven't heard of this, but this is definitely worth checking out!!! Thanks for the info so much!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

sure it has been posted in here, but it is worth posting again!

TINY: A Story About Living Small (2013) - IMDb

Just an FYI. Netflix streams it!
    Likes kyuuei liked this post