User Tag List

First 142223242526 Last

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ I always thought as a kid, because of where I grew up, that if you had stairs in your house that you were a rich person. Generally that is the case here, where Texas is so wide and vast that its easier to have tons of one story houses than to cram everyone in for no reason.

As an adult, I like to think that is still the case. It's pretty fun.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I daydream a lot about owning a piece of forest. Like, wet, boggy, slightly cold and foggy forest. We don't really have that sort of climate here in Texas.

I've been trying to evaluate how to sort out our land situation. What I can do.. what is best for my parents. The more I look at their situation, the more I think that them being on their own is a terrible idea. But maybe, if my sister and BIL are okay with it, they could end up neighbors with each other. That would free me up a lot more to buy property in Austin. It'd give my parents someone close to them--but their own house to operate and pay for too.

And I think they'd let me build a small shed guest house on the property near my parents' house too. So I'd still have a place to live in Houston.

Small House that Feels Big: 800-square-feet Dream Home?

I really, really love this tiny house.

Modern house plan - 890-1 from Houseplans.com

It's a little more modern than I was going for, but god it's gorgeous and spacious feeling.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I like when I get visual cues from those living in tiny houses that the decisions I've made along the way are the right ones.

How to Simplify Your Kitchen in your Tiny House

This article has a picture of this woman's 35sq.ft. home wherein she has the same Ikea bar and hanging baskets that I've purchased years ago. Stuff like that makes me pretty happy.

There's a situation that's come up in my life recently where I've had the opportunity to finance, purchase, and live in my own home.. but not exactly on my terms. It's in the thick of things, but with neighbors closeby and no land.. it isn't what I envisioned. 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms, nice decent place, nice neighbors, right in the middle of things.. and I'd have a house of my own finally. But.. Unfortunately, I just can't justify jumping in without setting things up proper.

MBTI
    yupp

hey do you know anything about kowloon wall city. not the policitcal or crime stuff but it's great example of how people utilized space.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kowloo...ity#Population
    Kowloon Walled City's early population fluctuated between zero and a few hundred, and began growing steadily shortly after World War II. However, there is no accurate population information available for much of the Walled City's later existence. Official census numbers estimated the Walled City's population at 10,004 in 1971 and 14,617 in 1981, but these figures were commonly considered to be much too low. Informal estimates, on the other hand, often mistakenly included the neighbouring squatter village of Sai Tau Tsuen.[38][43] Population figures of about 50,000 were also reported.[12]

A thorough government survey in 1987 gave a clearer picture: an estimated 33,000 people resided within the Walled City. Based on this survey, the Walled City had a population density of approximately 1,255,000 inhabitants per square kilometre (3,250,000 /sq mi) in 1987.[13]
    it was a slum, but people made use of very tight spaces and there was a whole hierachy and businesses in it. it operated as a seperate city inside hong kong becuase of the confusion of who the land belonged to. anyways I think it's cool and yeah i know you're not looking to live in a slum but i'm sure you could get space ideas from it.

plus I really like learning about it, I wish there was more info I did watch a documentary about the 20th anniversy of being torn down and it was pretty cool.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Prpl that's really awesome, I have never heard of it! Thanks for this!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I want my mud room to be a slice of rustic. I thought maybe I'd just do an outdoor mudroom, covered though and closed in with screening or something.

Love love love this concept. It can go next to a beautiful copper in color cowboy tub.

MBTI
    INTJ

I would stay away from anything that could end up building up mold or rust, or has too many crevasses to clean. With such a small place, you want everything to be bendable, light in color, symmetric, and easy to clean. The more round things there are, the less space you'll have for something else.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    I would stay away from anything that could end up building up mold or rust, or has too many crevasses to clean. With such a small place, you want everything to be bendable, light in color, symmetric, and easy to clean. The more round things there are, the less space you'll have for something else.
    Yeah.. originally I was really excited about Yurts and domes, and I thought for sure that was the way to go.. but when I visited them in person, as cool as they were, they just didn't really make sense. Squares are just more efficient as things go. They may not look as cool, but meh.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Pretty cool gadget. DeltaToast | stovetop toaster If you're looking for some quick toasting options without an appliance. apparently toaster bags are a thing that exist and you can transform your toaster into a cool sandwich-making kit too with it. It'd be a great way to fit a device like that in.