User Tag List

First 132122232425 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/turn...artment-196560

I really love what they've done with the space here.

Waiting is an agonizing process.. I've collected many trinkets and things in preparation for getting my tiny house.. and yet, with no where to put them, they are constant reminders that I have to be patient and level headed. Not an easy thing to do.

I've decided I truly do like the idea of a two-story tiny house with a wrap around porch. I could see myself in the tiny rectangular structure I drive past every evening on my way to my friends' houses.

The kitchen, living room and exercise area, and crafting area with a small storage area under the stairs..
    And a full-sized bathroom, closet, bedroom, and office/study area just above it. With a lean-to on one side of the house, the rest a porch wrapping the house and a small screened-in area on an end cap.. I like this idea a lot. It hasn't faded at all.. on the contrary, I find myself looking for designs that model this.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/befo...ed-desk-197547

I really like this concept so much. Building up.. The bed being on top of what you would mostly need for personal space.

I've thought a lot about what I would do if I were to own a business.. A traditional Tavern (like, with beds on top and bar downstairs, and everything) always comes first..

But I think that temporary housing would be another really cool idea. Something between a hotel and an apartment. Like a hostel that would make sense to live at for a year at time or something. Hostels are still expensive when you look at it that way. There are people that move to cities from elsewhere, and aren't established yet, or lose their housing temporarily, or are saving money from circumstances.. A transitional place to stay that acts like a dormitory and costs the same as rent in a tiny apartment with the ease of a hotel.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

http://www.mybadpad.com/fun-stuff/10...e-combinations

This website has some awesome stuff on its list! The best though being an in-sink dish washer. That's just pretty effin cool. It made me think--why not a dishwasher kitchen island? A small prep sink attached to the top, and the butcher board there and stuff.. but the whole thing meant to be a dishwasher sounds pretty cool.

Also, lately out of project availability we've been using our coffee table as a dinner table. It actually works out pretty good that way! It could be a great way to eliminate a dining room area entirely.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I know they're made for old people... but wouldn't this be an awesome tiny house bathtub too? http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded...3RWS/203818762

.. 578c389d-a528-4d1c-b8e2-1875598a0190_300.jpg

I could easily see a walk in shower with just a big glass slot separating things, with this just off to the side..

More importantly, I'm starting to actually get paid by the VA for my going to school. So, my saving for my tiny guest house is beginning... That's pretty exciting. I saw a few barn-style models that would serve me really well, and they're only in the $2-3k range. I really could have a decent set-up for somewhere around $7k I think.. So I'd have a tiny house paid off this year and move in by the time I finish getting the money to pay for things as I build them. Also I was told for that money I could build a much sturdier structure than a shed kit.. I'd have to figure out how to do everything though, and I'm not exactly known for my carpentry skills...

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Thank you so much darling for those videos! You always know how to cheer me right up!

I put an inquiry in for a really great deal on a counter top dishwasher. I've been eyeing models for a while now, and a guy posted his on craigslist. Moved to Houston, had a wet bar he used it in (clever girl) and now there's no basement and thus no need for it. So hopefully he still has that.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'm having trouble picturing the shower.. but otherwise. I LOVE this tiny house.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/mels...contest-169919

210 sq. feet, a kitchen, decent bathroom, living room, and loft bed and desk areas. The layout is just great.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I seriously love pallets. I keep seeing new and interesting ways to use them all the time online.. and I am taking advantage of ALL of them! I'm going to have a pallet house! (Well, actually, probably not, but everything ELSE will likely be pallets!)

My favorites so far: A patio deck made of pallets, a pallet vertical garden, outdoor tool organizer, fence, dog house, outdoor couch, shelving, outdoor shower, and this awesome pallet kitchen organizer, which I suspect I can build for a crafting/office station too.

Vorstellung von Sch

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I don't know whether the 2012 IRBC would allow a light gauge portable bathtub where you intend to build your home but if so, you may be able to fill a tub from a hose attached to the kitchen sink faucet & drain it into an exterior water filtration system by using a garden type hose. That may allow you to recycle bath water to irrigate a veggie or herb garden & hang the tub upon a wall when not in use. Call it western cowboy art?

http://galleryplus.ebayimg.com/ws/we.../1000x1000.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=old+...=isch&imgdii=_

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

That first picture is so amazing. Only twice now have I had the pleasure of being in an area where I could walk outside naked for extended periods of time without issue/worry. The first time I did not indulge, I merely noted I could. The second I did, and it was awesome! Something you just cannot get from being in the city at all.

But I could immediately see myself in daydreams sitting on my porch with a small bucket, pouring water over my head and enjoying the sun in that little tub.