User Tag List

First 8161718192028 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

My certificate of eligibility is good to go.. Tomorrow I try desperately to get a hold of a man in Dallas that still does the sort of home loan I want. I'm hoping to get away with this idea:

1. "Build" a house on property via permanent foundation manufactured home.
    2. Get VA home loan because it's only 4% interest right now for both the land we want and the house.
    Plan B: Find land with a manufactured house on it already.

If that plan doesn't work, then I need to change my strategy and buy the land and the house separately. Which will suck, the land will cost more that way in interest (6.75%), but hopefully I pull of the plan above. I also get in contact with the realtor tomorrow.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Things I will build and place throughout my house and outdoor kitchen:

Aand maybe a couple shadow boxes of military items I have so that they have a home without being clutter anymore. I just look at all my awarded coins like "...k. Now what?" The military is fond of giving out useless trinkets.

Also, this has nothing at all to do with anything... But I don't see why people buy cribs. They're the most ridiculous investment I've ever seen in my life. A pack and play does the same damn thing when they're young, and a mattress on the floor cannot be beat--a twin mattress gives them plenty of space, and space for friends if they're over for the night, and if they fall off the bed no problem. No issues of them climbing out of the crib. They can just pass out whenever they want. I'd venture so far as to say a dog bed would be a better investment than a crib.

Back on target. This is super, super inspiring.

http://www.olderandwisor.com/2011/09...raft-room.html

Creating a study/game/craft room would be pretty awesome and it would de-clutter all of my stuff and give me a place to put a lot of my treasures... I wonder if I can make that fit into my space since it's going to be so big now.. $75 seems absolutely do-able. I could pretty much nerd-rage the entire room out.

A bohemian room, a very zen-like dining room and living room area, with a hedge-witch looking kitchen and a nerdy study? Could I possibly want anything else?

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Nothing drains me like kids and shopping.. and I've had to deal with both today.

Talked to the realtor for the first time today as well.. he's sent some properties to us, and found us a location we could really consider moving to. It's about the same distance from all the things we love right now, which is cool, but I don't know much else about it. Gotta start making some trips to these places. We're going to check out a property on the listing tomorrow.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Tomorrow we go survey a potential property. 21 acres within our price range in one of the areas we were looking for. There's another property we're going to check out in the morning before that too.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdAm9OFEyDg Very inspirational video for a 325 sq. ft. apartment.

I've been getting a lot of support on my tiny house adventure from surprising sources. It's pretty cool.

We've had a lot of set-backs, and education in the apathy of the business world and how hard it really is to fulfill the American dream now-a-days. It's been amazing, overall, just how difficult it really is, and the challenge has really fired me up. I don't have a normal source of income from a stable job--I make my money as needed and budget it accordingly. Proving I am good with my money and that I have enough to afford a large plot of property is nearly impossible. They want you to have enough income so that your loan is 40-50% of your total income. Highly inaccurate and irresponsible principles, your shelter should cost 25% of your total take-home income, not half of it. If something happens and you need to defer a payment, the next month you're paying 80-100% of your income! No one in their right mind can afford that, so you end up paying 60% of your income for a year or more. Those principles are why people fall into debt so quickly and take so long to recover, meanwhile the companies and banks rake your money in like leaves in autumn.

Anyways, my particular problem is that my school money I m guaranteed from the military is not "stable" income, since I renew it each semester, so they refuse to count it. Also, my father paying me 'rent' for the property also does not count. Also, the active duty training I do once a year as per my requirements for the national guard does not count. Nor does my bonus coming up in April, and the other bonus in 3 years, both of which are under contract. My assets do not count. Basically, all of the income I earn does not count. If I don't have a corporate-like 9-to-5 job well established in a field I am currently trained and educated in, then they will not approve me for a home loan. The instability of my income is, understandably, troublesome to work with, and without a clear interview with me to prove my terms (an impossible endeavor that no longer helps with loans) there isn't much hope with our current situation. An issue I had no idea was such a massively huge deal.

But! We have some plans up our sleeves and we're not near done yet, so I'll keep ya'll posted on how things progress. For now though, we're hunkering down, fixing our budget, working on getting my parents debt free, and continuing to shop for the perfect plot of land for us.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdAm9OFEyDg Very inspirational video for a 325 sq. ft. apartment.

I've been getting a lot of support on my tiny house adventure from surprising sources. It's pretty cool.

We've had a lot of set-backs, and education in the apathy of the business world and how hard it really is to fulfill the American dream now-a-days. It's been amazing, overall, just how difficult it really is, and the challenge has really fired me up. I don't have a normal source of income from a stable job--I make my money as needed and budget it accordingly. Proving I am good with my money and that I have enough to afford a large plot of property is nearly impossible. They want you to have enough income so that your loan is 40-50% of your total income. Highly inaccurate and irresponsible principles, your shelter should cost 25% of your total take-home income, not half of it. If something happens and you need to defer a payment, the next month you're paying 80-100% of your income! No one in their right mind can afford that, so you end up paying 60% of your income for a year or more. Those principles are why people fall into debt so quickly and take so long to recover, meanwhile the companies and banks rake your money in like leaves in autumn.

Anyways, my particular problem is that my school money I m guaranteed from the military is not "stable" income, since I renew it each semester, so they refuse to count it. Also, my father paying me 'rent' for the property also does not count. Also, the active duty training I do once a year as per my requirements for the national guard does not count. Nor does my bonus coming up in April, and the other bonus in 3 years, both of which are under contract. My assets do not count. Basically, all of the income I earn does not count. If I don't have a corporate-like 9-to-5 job well established in a field I am currently trained and educated in, then they will not approve me for a home loan. The instability of my income is, understandably, troublesome to work with, and without a clear interview with me to prove my terms (an impossible endeavor that no longer helps with loans) there isn't much hope with our current situation. An issue I had no idea was such a massively huge deal.

But! We have some plans up our sleeves and we're not near done yet, so I'll keep ya'll posted on how things progress. For now though, we're hunkering down, fixing our budget, working on getting my parents debt free, and continuing to shop for the perfect plot of land for us.
    There's always owner financing and you have a better shot at getting it with larger plots of land than with your typical residential home. You might have to start talking to some farmers to see if there are any opportunities that aren't being advertised.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I saw a quaint tiny home while driving along a place that sells storage sheds.. I think I may investigate it after the holidays and inquire on its cost. I could see it being effective as a house--and it had a wrap around porch, which was very nice.

I still dream about having my little hobbit house. How badly I want that I cannot begin to say. Watching the movie with the house being shown in details didn't help my urges at all either.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I see a lot of 'perks' written on tiny blogs about appliances and products when they fold up and out of the way..

Example: this Ikea dish stand that hangs from the wall (nice!) and folds up when not in use (why?) to be an inch thick. I mean, I guess it's nice that it folds up.. but most people have to wash dishes on a daily basis. It really doesn't make much sense to buy something that folds away when it is used daily.

I never understood that being a selling point. It's great for things you don't use all the time or change frequently--I opted for a card table in my small apartment because I could fold it out of the way by myself with no trouble whenever I needed more standing room for guests at my house, or to make room for people to sleep--but when it comes to daily things those should be fine just where they are.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I see a lot of 'perks' written on tiny blogs about appliances and products when they fold up and out of the way..

Example: this Ikea dish stand that hangs from the wall (nice!) and folds up when not in use (why?) to be an inch thick. I mean, I guess it's nice that it folds up.. but most people have to wash dishes on a daily basis. It really doesn't make much sense to buy something that folds away when it is used daily.

I never understood that being a selling point. It's great for things you don't use all the time or change frequently--I opted for a card table in my small apartment because I could fold it out of the way by myself with no trouble whenever I needed more standing room for guests at my house, or to make room for people to sleep--but when it comes to daily things those should be fine just where they are.

lol! This iron may regularly set your clothes on fire, but it's flattened compact design fits nicely in a drawer!
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

I don't really like IKEA, but I'm sure some people would like a fold-up dish stand. Maybe to keep the kitchen from looking cluttered when company is over.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”