First 7151617181927 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    I love all your inspirations and influences and feel you are going to build something very special. Go the tiny house movement which I think is really getting back to our ancient roots of handbuilding homes for shelter rather than austentatious displays of wealth. Just encouragement really.
    I love that! So true, it's really just shelter.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

http://kyuuei.blogspot.com/

I started this to have a more public source of the information in here. A lot more structured, where as I just throw stuff and inspiration here at random. Im going to have labels for different things.. I'm going to write our story as I go on throughout the year in there as well, and throw in many ideas ive been inspired by through others and the internet.

We're changing our whole household to make this movement happen, and it is those changes that will allow me to afford my tiny house. Every step we take brings me closer to my dreams, and while I can wait, the anticipation is immense.

It reminds me of when I was a teenager.. I was so eager to move out. I was ready. I did my own laundry, cleaned my room myself, helped with the cooking. I started acting like an adult all on my own because I wanted to prove that I was ready to move out and be on my own. I wasn't, but what I did do to pass the time was plan things out. I researched, and budgeted money, and created an emergency fund (which saved my life later on.).. I ALSO bought things I knew I would need in a home.

I had storage containers ready to be built, a book case, a microwave that toasted bread too, an air purifier.. I spent my extra spending money on these sort of things, and it made me feel a little victorious every time. "I won't need to buy this later on!" Yeah, it was sort of a pain storing it for.. what.. 2 1/2 years? Hah! But when I DID get my apartment.. I didn't need anything. I had dishes, and plates, and silverware, and pots and pans, and and and.. I just moved in, grabbed a few pieces of furniture, and called it a day. It was really quite easy. I also received a few house warming gifts, so the process was rather painless.

I find these projects we are starting to do.. minimizing our belongings, making our food instead of buying convenience food, reducing our bills so we only pay for what we really use, maximizing technology to work in our favor, sewing up reusable items instead of purchasing disposables.. while they help us out immediately, I find myself in the same mentality as when I was a younger girl. These projects fill my heart up and satisfy me for the next step that I know I must take.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Wow! I'm so excited to to see this finish. Please share some pics.
    visit this link for net curtain facts

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

There have been so many changes floating around.. I find myself rather unsure of where to even begin lately.

Tomorrow is a big day for me, I finally go to the VA regional bank to find out what I qualify for on a land loan. Tomorrow pretty much determines what we will get, so it's a big deal. I hope it turns out well for us, but even if the loan is a small one we'll be okay.

I've pretty much had to make some major, and hard, decisions. I think I've made the right ones overall, we'll see, but everything is centered on simplifying both my life and the lives of my parents.

I've decided to stave off building my home. I'm going to buy a cheap, tiny manufactured one for now, and use it as an experimental home.

A 600 sq. ft trailer, refurbished, is about 15,000. It's the amount of money I have, and its 3 times the size of the house I was going to build. I haven't at all given up my dream of building a unique home of my own, but I'll have to start saving my money all over again for it.. For now, this will serve me as a temporary home, and it will allow me to focus on the tasks I have at hand that are overshadowing my tiny home.

I'm going to use it to experiment with wind/solar combination energy production, water cisterns, interior renovations to make the insides more functional and practical, etc. At least, that's what I'm telling myself to soothe myself of the fact that my dream's being pushed years into the future.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    There have been so many changes floating around.. I find myself rather unsure of where to even begin lately.

Tomorrow is a big day for me, I finally go to the VA regional bank to find out what I qualify for on a land loan. Tomorrow pretty much determines what we will get, so it's a big deal. I hope it turns out well for us, but even if the loan is a small one we'll be okay.

I've pretty much had to make some major, and hard, decisions. I think I've made the right ones overall, we'll see, but everything is centered on simplifying both my life and the lives of my parents.

I've decided to stave off building my home. I'm going to buy a cheap, tiny manufactured one for now, and use it as an experimental home.

A 600 sq. ft trailer, refurbished, is about 15,000. It's the amount of money I have, and its 3 times the size of the house I was going to build. I haven't at all given up my dream of building a unique home of my own, but I'll have to start saving my money all over again for it.. For now, this will serve me as a temporary home, and it will allow me to focus on the tasks I have at hand that are overshadowing my tiny home.

I'm going to use it to experiment with wind/solar combination energy production, water cisterns, interior renovations to make the insides more functional and practical, etc. At least, that's what I'm telling myself to soothe myself of the fact that my dream's being pushed years into the future.

It sucks when life kind of curveballs. That's not a nice feeling.

Thinking practically, though, a trailer might be more pragmatic for this phase of your life anyway. Never know when you're going to meet a guy and be ready to move! It's a kind of freedom that your other plan didn't have.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post

It sucks when life kind of curveballs. That's not a nice feeling.

Thinking practically, though, a trailer might be more pragmatic for this phase of your life anyway. Never know when you're going to meet a guy and be ready to move! It's a kind of freedom that your other plan didn't have.
    It's true.. I'm a bit more excited about it now, having let it sink in. I can still make the interior look the way I want it to look despite the exterior being different.. And, I have some really cool things in mind to offset that as well to make it much more cozy. Instead of a porch, my father has some of these large, screened-in party tents in storage just being useless... so with some reinforcing done to them I could create a make-shift porch/chill area there that's more permanent.

My sister was talking to me about it, and I was telling her my plans.. and while she agreed with them, she said it was such a shame that I gave up on the bio-dome-house I was looking at. The company e-mailed me today showcasing domes they had on clearance for whatever reasons.. and I thought, "You know? I could make a pretty awesome gym/work out area out of one of those domes.."

The more I plan this land out, the more of a compound it seems to be. A fully functioning garden, herb greenhouse, orchard, and small farm. A nice, large spacious year-round outdoor kitchen with an in-ground swimming pool is second on the roster. A running trail and gym area potentially in the future... potentially producing our own energy and water supply. It's a really interesting idea.. I wonder how many people out there have this very same idea in their heads or already in fruition.

This sounds cool, I approve of efficiency

Where will you park it?
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    This sounds cool, I approve of efficiency

Where will you park it?
    On my land, hopefully with you at my side my dear!

On my land, hopefully with you at my side my dear!
    So you're actually buying the trailer & land. I thought you'd be vagrant hippie.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    So you're actually buying the trailer & land. I thought you'd be vagrant hippie.
    No no.. I'm quite the hippy when it all comes down to it, I can't help it, but I like stability.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Home...-Jar/?ALLSTEPS

http://www.instructables.com/id/Ikea...ight/?ALLSTEPS

Some really awesome lighted projects. I'm designing things in my head..

My party tent can be a light garden.. I'd like that a lot. Something very warm and comforting to be in.. and light gardens aren't very costly (besides any electricity you're using... which, mostly solar lights would mean very little.) or high maintenance.

I'm trying to find inspiration for a very apothecary-like inspired kitchen.. something part alchemist, part hedge-witch.. I like the idea of it all. The small details I have covered--funky bottles hanging everywhere, herbs drying on the ceiling, pots hanging from the ceiling, etc. I could even fit a cauldron in there somehow.. but the bigger pieces, like the cabinetry, I'm having quite some trouble with finding inspiration for those things. I'm thinking modern glass cabinets could get funky with the glass being frosted into shapes custom made by myself, and some old signs and knobs helping out.. .. I'll figure it out I guess.