User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I love this thread!!!! I like the makeup idea.

We are moving everyone around in our house. We just got a smaller room and gave the upstairs to my kids. I realized I had a big room I was using for us to sleep in and storage. Now it's a bedroom play area. I think I'm going to get a big armoire to use for us and we should be fine.

I'm getting rid of so much stuff. It's so freeing.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

@gasoline Being a fellow lurker Feel free.. but feel free to contribute too

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    I love this thread!!!! I like the makeup idea.

We are moving everyone around in our house. We just got a smaller room and gave the upstairs to my kids. I realized I had a big room I was using for us to sleep in and storage. Now it's a bedroom play area. I think I'm going to get a big armoire to use for us and we should be fine.

I'm getting rid of so much stuff. It's so freeing.
    Thats awesome of ya'll to give them a place to be and play! We didn't have room growing up for it, I always just got thrown outside I always ended up visiting my friends' house (to the point of half-way living there sometimes ) because they had an entire upstairs dedicated to them.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Rly kewl pichrz
    So I'd like to reaffirm my love for both this thread and tiny houses.

My personal favorite.

When I was fifteen/sixteen, I was an uber minimalist and a utilitarian. I had a desk, a futon, a dresser, a painting for some flavor, and a small square shelf on my wall. It was like heaven, and there was so much free space. My mom was sort of concerned, since it was practically an office with the futon I used, but I thought it was the shit.

I wish I still had the picture, but it's long since gone.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    So I'd like to reaffirm my love for both this thread and tiny houses.

[IMG]

My personal favorite.

When I was fifteen/sixteen, I was an uber minimalist and a utilitarian. I had a desk, a futon, a dresser, a painting for some flavor, and a small square shelf on my wall. It was like heaven, and there was so much free space. My mom was sort of concerned, since it was practically an office with the futon I used, but I thought it was the shit.

I wish I still had the picture, but it's long since gone.
    That's absolutely amazing. I'm not a minimalist, but I strive for the ideals behind it. I'm thinking it will be impossible to pull off this house without maintaining some minimalist standards.. I'm hoping a mixture of multi-functional appliances and furniture, dedicated areas for everything, and actually putting some things to use that I used to just let act pretty in a box somewhere will help relieve a lot of the clutter I used to collect and keep me from gaining much more.

An office is an interesting concept for me.. I've been working on turning my life digital with all but the absolute essentials, and the last few legs of this will be worked on at home, but if I have an office/study desk area it will have to be super tiny and built into something else or out of something else..
    I'm also considering removing the ikea-wall and just having the closet span across the actual structural wall with a curtain over it, and a credenza/couch table running along to the door.. If I can store things on a loft on top of my bathroom this will happen for sure to allow myself more floor space. I'm trying to figure out how I can play things like Kinect, Nintendo Wii, and do work out DVDs within the house without having to move a ton of furniture around.. Challenge for me. :3

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Ive been working with the idea of creating space to play Kinect and Wii..

Currently the couch has the loft bed on top, and up against the east wall, the TV mounted on the bathroom wall across from it. If I put the couch in the middle of the space, and the loft over the TV and set the TV on the north wall.. it COULD work. Since Im not putting the ikea-style wall in anymore. It would also create a space to put a desk behind the couch itself, or to use as an eating space in lieu of a kitchen table. It also frees up the walls flanking the TV for storage space, bookshelves, and snowboards to hang. It wouldn't give me as open of a floor plan, but it would make the floor that is open more useful since I tend to do a lot of playing around.. The kotatsu can still go in the middle and be shoved aside for games and working out, it'll be light enough.

http://www.treehugger.com/sustainabl...ll-spaces.html

I was looking at this for inspiration when I was thinking about it. As much as I love the concept, literally an entire room's worth of stuff packed into a single corner.. I don't think I'll have the money to hire a carpenter to create it for me. It'd be really awesome to have a 'loft' bed and desk like this, with the closet hidden away so it can double as a changing room.. I'll have to play around with the dimensions one day when I have time.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

mon, i'm in a tiny house right now.
    with 10 people.

can i advise you to get a mansion instead?
    with a wood fire hot tub.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

No no, I'm afraid you can advise all you want and my mind will still be set quite firmly. I couldn't afford a mansion even if I wanted one.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Still working on the mechanics of everything.. Trying to get everything to fit well.. Or better, I should say.. There are some major flaws I am coming across.. and I need to fix them. :/

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

So, I'm curious, and I'm sure you've planned for it. Is there room for a second person in your tiny house, or will have to build his own tiny house next door?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    So, I'm curious, and I'm sure you've planned for it. Is there room for a second person in your tiny house, or will have to build his own tiny house next door?
    The hope is that it will be big enough to comfortably settle two people in--although if they own a lot of stuff it may get a bit cramped. This is actually one of the details I was trying to account for.. Ive been playing with some software to see actual dimensions and play with the ideas. The original plan was, "This is the money I've got, so this is what's going into it and thats it." But now I've realized I may have a bit more wiggle room with my buget than originally thought.. so I could spend a bit more upfront and get a slightly bigger space in exchange.

The option of having a real bed instead of a loft is being considered on top of other ideas. If a real bed is created, then I could sleep 4 in my house though only two could live in it for an extended period of time.