User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Tomorrow Im calling a website that may be offering an Advantium oven for less than a 3rd of the price. I just have a question on one feature of it.. It'd be awesome to knock a good chunk of that price off.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

i think i might build my own micro house
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by yakimadude View Post
    i think i might build my own micro house
    You should! I've been having a blast planning the whole thing out..

Talked to the company today, they were SUPER sweet and helpful. They understood my situation and theyre working with me so that I can order several things from their site in a way where it will ship once I NEED it items instead of immediately after I purchase them. They can delay the shipment for me, which REALLY rocks. <3 I was a bit nervous to call them but they were AMAZINGLY helpful. Just another reason to like Colorado for me.

They're going to keep me posted and put aside a white advantium over-the-range oven.. It'll be amazing, match my kitchen, and its exactly what I want for less than half the price!! <3 <3 <3 AND theyre going to give me discounts if I order more things through them, so Im going to look through their inventories for the other household products I was looking at.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Just some lovely inspirational houses.

Less than $200 for him to build that.. I thought, what an AWESOME teeny micro house! Two immediate uses came to mind:
    1. Install a small dog-house heater and you have a year-round comfy home for your pet to be in. Windows in the walls to see outside still, shelter from the wind and rain, and a small heater made for dog houses would mean cozy and warm in the winter too.
    2. Put it out in some trees far from the house but still just barely in sight, and kids can go camping in it at night. See the stars or watch the rain on the roof itself while using a flashlight for light.. Build a couple sammiches, throw them out the door and tell them they cant come back till morning.

Im totally going to throw it in on one of my "Get rid of house building scraps" mini project lists.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I absolutely fell in love with the layout of a 1,600 sq ft beach house featured in a House Beautiful magazine I got for free on the amazon kindle. I fell in love with the kitchen window that opened right up to the outside (like two french doors) and there was a small bar-top window sill outside of it and stool underneath.

My colors for my house are pretty simple and plain for the most part. White, light wooden flooring, gray and white furniture, Im unsure of the counter top colors, but red will pop around here and there to give a splash of my favorite color I think I may paint on the walls if I get bored. Also I need to find a way to sneak in a fold-down desk into my house. maybe in the bookshelf area so that I can have books right there.

The new ikea catalog is out.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

*has been stalking thread*'

I like the color scheme idea. :o Red is always the coolest with bright, neutral colors.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    *has been stalking thread*'

I like the color scheme idea. :o Red is always the coolest with bright, neutral colors.
    Why thank you kindly. I just love the white/cool gray/light wooden floors thing. Its modern, a bit zen-like, and it opens up a space.. It reminds me of the beach too, which I love. The walls will probably get painted all over by me as I get time to do it. I was thinking probably like.. red chairs, a red desk, things like that just to break up the serenity a bit. I need a bit of chaos in my life.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

The sort of tile I think will be perfect in the bathroom:

Its really zoomed in, but the lines are more texture than color. Its a linen tile, soft and easy to clean but just enough texture to not be slippery and it looks really classy.

I already own the cabinetry for the bathroom, its currently being used in my parent's bathroom of our current house. A small tall cabinet, white in color, perfect.

Not buying it, but its fantastic.

Okay! Color scheme.. Imagine the furniture a light heather gray instead of all white, and add hints of red.

Again, not doing this.. but it IS amazingly beautiful.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/diy-...dow-box-174307

A lovely arrangement that wouldnt require maintenance besides an occasional washing down. It would give me a place to put all the quirky bottles I collect too. When I was a teenager, I used to envision a hedgewitch functional kitchen--with quirky crazy bottles holding ingredients hanging everywhere. It would set a romantic tone for a nice dinner outdoors as well. I think I will have a pop-up gazebo next to the house so I can relax. I won't have money for a porch or anything--that's all going towards the outdoor rec center.. but a small pop-up gazebo I could afford.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/what...estions-174807

This master bath question is using the same concept I am.. And its amazing how much you can tell the American reactions VS people who are well traveled/in other countries. The latter thinking "Yeah, thats not a big deal, just waterproof the whole room. People do this all the time." Americans? "Omg I had to squeegee everything constantly, there was so much humidity, blah blah blah.." You don't really take long, uninterupted showers in showers like these. You turn the water off to conserve it while washing, or use a small rinsing basin between shower rinses. The American posters were worried about things like getting the toilet wet?? Its a toilet! Its made to be waterproof! This is the design I used in Uganda, no walls, no curtains.. Its easy to install a privacy curtain or something like that, but the truth is you don't really need any of it. You just don't. need. it.

The answer to the guy's question is there is no flaw--Americans are adjusted to doing what they like to do and don't really venture much out into new ideas. The housing market is a wreck anyways. I don't understand all this advice on "Don't install this quirky thing because no one will buy your house!". People will buy if they need/desire to buy, quirky or not. Build what you want and Live in your house, don't just occupy it. Sure, no one will buy a 250 sq. ft house. But someone will buy a 250 sq. ft. office with a working bathroom and kitchenette and plop a house next to it. People find a way to make things work for them when they need it.

I thought this was really awesome, it probably belongs in my minimalist thread, but I'll stick it here.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/week...p-board-175086

Basically step 1. Make something magnetic like a piece of metal pretty and stick it in a frame. Or put a frame around something magnetic already and add some style to it. step 2. Put magnets on the bottom of your make up pieces. Step 3. Stick them to the wall instead of having it all crowd a drawer or be shoved into a bag. I don't own much make up, but this is REALLY awesome and i think I will implement it one of those days after I build.

I had a bigger post but Typc deleted it -.- jerks.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

/lurking
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee