• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Kyu's Tiny House Blog

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I was looking up outhouse inspiration, and this awesome picture came my way. :laugh:

8873dfbdbbdd169969825a2970d4f287.jpg

I've spoken on this before I think.. but the idea for the land is to have a decent outdoor kitchen community sort of area, with an outhouse fully equipped to handle people showering or other needs. I want it to look really rustic and run down on the outside, and modern classy on the inside. It'd be an amusing leap for people's first visit.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'm done with the tiny world :thumbdown:
this is mroe like it

:laugh: I think it all depends.. my family would call a living space like that tiny. The kitchen certainly qualifies as smaller than many houses here in Texas. There are Ikea walk through houses that show the square footage.. and my mom and sister all oogle how compact and tiny those places are at 64, 114, 600 square feet. :shrug:

My ideal tiny house would be something around those lines though... something big enough to spread out and move in, and house guests, but functionally small all the same.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Room - Imgur

God I love this place so much! I'm particularly fond of this picture. I fantasize about only being able to use a few products to fully cover my hygienic needs.

mX5ax6S.jpg

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram

Love love love this cute nerdy little dude's place. :) Still think composting toilets are gross especially for a small living space, at least have an outhouse yo... but still, the kitty door was adorable, and I like the fact he made so many extra efforts for the kitchen to feel normal and for the house to have air-exchange in the winter time for fresh air all year round.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I had seen the first one but those pictures on the site are better, the second one is SO amazing! And in the alps no less?! :wubbie:

I'm dying over here with worst room, I hadn't heard of it before. :rofl1:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I had seen the first one but those pictures on the site are better, the second one is SO amazing! And in the alps no less?! :wubbie:

I'm dying over here with worst room, I hadn't heard of it before. :rofl1:

I read that whole blog last night was up til 3 doing so, even though I went to bed a t 10

Qre:us

:( The winner of the WORST Room very closely resembles a room I lived in, for 1 year, while living in student housing, in a crap house (with a vermin infestation problem), but surrounded by 7 of my best buds and paying the cheapest rent. So, it made it bearable. I don't know why the idiot chose a double bed for that. I had a single, which I put against the slanted wall, and used that remaining open space for a tiny desk and chair. I put shelves on the walls. And, the other end of the room, along the slanted side, went in deeper, like a crawl space, so I put one of these: Indoor Clothes Hanger/Clothes Rack (FD1-01) - China garment hanger, Yikang in there, for my clothes and a little dresser. The highlight was that one tiny window, just like the room in the pic. Otherwise, the layout and dimensions were basically the same, sans the crawlspace.

This one: THE WORST ROOM: Los Angeles, California. $500.00 "take notice it...

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
:( The winner of the WORST Room very closely resembles a room I lived in, for 1 year, while living in student housing, in a crap house (with a vermin infestation problem), but surrounded by 7 of my best buds and paying the cheapest rent. So, it made it bearable. I don't know why the idiot chose a double bed for that. I had a single, which I put against the slanted wall, and used that remaining open space for a tiny desk and chair. I put shelves on the walls. And, the other end of the room, along the slanted side, went in deeper, like a crawl space, so I put one of these: Indoor Clothes Hanger/Clothes Rack (FD1-01) - China garment hanger, Yikang in there, for my clothes and a little dresser. The highlight was that one tiny window, just like the room in the pic. Otherwise, the layout and dimensions were basically the same, sans the crawlspace.

tbt I look up worst apartments in the country and also search slum lords on yelp, it's a sick obsession of mine. most people look at the best i'm like let me look at the worst so i can feel better about my situation. also so i know if i ever move there what places to avoid like the plague

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
one time I lived in such a slum in Chicago that I saw a rat the size of a rottweiler and when it moved under the the moonlight I saw the glint off it's muscle sinew like it was some sort of panther flexing on a tree during an African safari.

another_six

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so
Hmm it's not so hard plenty of people have built their tiny houses from scratch. As far as not building on a concrete foundation, [MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION] might want to build on a trailer or something of that nature as some people like building tiny houses that are mobile, and building on a trailer helps to avoid many building codes [MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION], I have been reading up on this stuff so if you ever want to chat or talk let me know, I would also hope that you post all about your adventure here, so that people can see what you are going thorough including me.

I'm trying to get the money together to get:
either the linden

Linden

or the cypress
Cypress

last choice being the mica
Linden

I like all three, I know im going to get there, you have inspired me once again by posting about this here.

Chthonic

[MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION], have you thought about gabion foundations? Gabions need no other footing except gravel to level off the ground. They are entirely removable and can work like piers. They are also self-installable because they are low tech, the weight of the fill gives them stability and the ability to cope with ground heave. I'm planning to build with gabions for this exact reason, plus I have some large landscape projects near me done with them and the look amazing. Very similar to drystone feature walls. :wubbie:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Hmm it's not so hard plenty of people have built their tiny houses from scratch. As far as not building on a concrete foundation, [MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION] might want to build on a trailer or something of that nature as some people like building tiny houses that are mobile, and building on a trailer helps to avoid many building codes [MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION], I have been reading up on this stuff so if you ever want to chat or talk let me know, I would also hope that you post all about your adventure here, so that people can see what you are going thorough including me.

I'm trying to get the money together to get:
either the linden

Linden

or the cypress
Cypress

last choice being the mica
Linden

I like all three, I know im going to get there, you have inspired me once again by posting about this here.

Oh man I'm so close I can taste it :) I certainly will!

kyuuei, have you thought about gabion foundations? Gabions need no other footing except gravel to level off the ground. They are entirely removable and can work like piers. They are also self-installable because they are low tech, the weight of the fill gives them stability and the ability to cope with ground heave. I'm planning to build with gabions for this exact reason, plus I have some large landscape projects near me done with them and the look amazing. Very similar to drystone feature walls. :wubbie:

I haven't heard of this, but this is definitely worth checking out!!! Thanks for the info so much! :)