• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your favorite small/medium sized cat?

Favorite Cat

• domestic cat (specify bread)

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • wild cat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • jungle cat

• ocelot

• margay

• jaguarundi

• lynx

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • bobcat

• serval

• sand cat

• marbled cat

• bay cat

• pampas cat

• caracal

• black-footed cat

• other (please specify)

• Total voters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what's your favorite member of the Felinae subfamily?

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This vaguely reminds me of another thread of yours.

Answer: Bombay. I think that counts. I really don't know though.

bluestripes

curiouser and curiouser
MBTI Type
Fi
Enneagram
i honestly cannot decide. each of them is beautiful in its own way.

if i had to choose, i would go with the ocelot, the thai fishing cat and the pallas cat (manul) - speaking of which, why are the latter two not on the list?

among domestic cats, my favorite breeds are british shorthair or scottish fold (because i have one cat who is partially or completely this and i love his heavy build and hamster cheeks), somali (because both their temper and their coloring are unique, and my uncle used to have a very special cat who might have been one), bengal (i like the wildcat-like coloring), exotic shorthair (their flat, large-eyed faces are adorable, but then i am against breeding cats with physiological deficits, so i would never buy one), sphinx or rex (beautiful enormous, hyper-expressive eyes, very soft curly/wavy hair in the rex breed that can be stroked for hours, tails that can wind into a spiral, and their voices/vocalization patterns are quite singular, too, but with regard to physiological deficits, the same applies as above), maine coon (the size!) and breeds like siberian or norwegian forest cat (i like the way they look so natural, very similar to wild forest cats, and they have great hair that never tangles).

and any ginger cats. i have one that is buff (or pinkish/sand-colored) and another that is bright orange and both are my absolute favorites.

rav3n

How can anyone resist this:

ocelot+12.jpg

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They are all the same to me. I don't care that much for cats. When it comes to dogs, there are very specific breeds I like though. Is there a dog thread somewhere?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They are all the same to me. I don't care that much for cats. When it comes to dogs, there are very specific breeds I like though. Is there a dog thread somewhere?

feel free to make one. I'd vote :)

bluestripes

curiouser and curiouser
MBTI Type
Fi
Enneagram
allegorystory: i think i've fallen in love with sand cats. :)

a large gallery of a thai fishing cat that was kept by a russian family for two years:

http://johndevis.com/taxonomy/term/4

(the site is in russian, but one does not have to know the language to appreciate the photos; just click on each of the links)

M_Kirch

Well, cats aren't all the same. And since this is a thread about cats, you might be a little more sensitive. Really, why did you go to this thread in the first place if you wanted to talk about dogs?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know a joke about those, but it probably would be considered inappropriate for the thread.

my threads keep it real, share it if want. the more shocking and inappropriate the better ;)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why is 5/2 (five halves) not really equal to 2 1/2 (two and one half)???

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Domestic wise, I adore Sphynx, Tonkinese, Russian Blue, Burmese, and Bombay cats. Wildcat wise, I didn't really have one, until I looked up what a margay was. Those narrow faces, and eyes that look like the void. Gorgeous.

EjOWKRa.jpg.jpg