• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's on your thanksgiving menu

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
mine is:
Turkey
Stuffing
Green Bean Casserole
Sweet Potatoes
Corn Pudding
Yeast Rolls
Mashed Potatoes
cranberry sauce
Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
American national holiday, a feast day celebrating the survival of the Pilgrims, with traditional foods consisting of roast turkey with stuffing, cranberry sauce, and several kinds of pie but at least pumpkin or sweet potato pie, with side dishes that vary by family, with prpl's menu being classic. Everyone gathers with their extended family. Planes, trains, buses are crammed full as people go "home," where ever that might be. Food drives are started a couple of weeks before to make sure food banks and homeless shelters are stocked so everyone can eat well. The house is full of people and kids, football is on the tv, the women are in the kitchen, the cooking starts at least one day before, everybody eats traditional foods until they can't breathe, argues with their family, remembers why they can't stand their sister in law or whatever, watches parades on tv, just hang out together. Traditionally, anyone who has no family is invited to eat with someone else's. Everyone is to feel grateful/thankful for some aspect of their lives.

It's a great big deal, second only to Christmas.

Happy Thanksgiving, Wolfy!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
My family had:

Turkey
Ham
Sweet Potato Casserole
Corn Casserole
Two kinds of dressing: Cornbread and Pear
Maple-roasted brussels sprouts
Mashed potatoes
Purple hull peas
Yeast rolls
Pecan and pumpkin pies

My cousin and I are veg, so we ate the veggie-based dishes only.

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I made:

Ham
Green bean casserole
Mashed potatoes
Gravy
Stuffing
Cranberry sauce
Sweet potato pie

KDude

Turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, carrots, cranberry sauce, ribs, potato salad, blackberry and pumpkin pie, Pho

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Trader Vic's FTW..... Biggest Thanksgiving buffet on earth.
Best mai tai's on earth..... swear it.