User Tag List

123 Last

Default smells when travelling

I remember reading once that some countries/regions smell different (due to environmental/geographical reasons). have you been to a country that smelled? was it good/bad?
    has anyone travelled to the US from somewhere else...does the US smell good/bad?

MBTI
    INFP

Bali smells of Frangipani (plumeria).. It's wonderful.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by file cabinet View Post
    I remember reading once that some countries/regions smell different (due to environmental/geographical reasons). have you been to a country that smelled? was it good/bad?
    has anyone travelled to the US from somewhere else...does the US smell good/bad?
    The northern forests of US and Canada smell dramatically clean... like pine-scent fresh. They are also seem very dry to the nose of this Englishman, from his humid populous country. I'm talking about New England and the Maritimes.

Belgium smells of cows, to me. You get used to it after a while, but it's quite agricultural.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

The entire state of Nebraska smell like shit.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFP

The rural parts of Ireland smell like cow manure.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

THe year I had two summers (Jan-April in Africa; normal north american summer) it was the middle of my north american summer, and i was sitting outside on the deck, reading.

It occurred to me that I had a smell-memory but I couldn't place it. It was sorta unpleasant, but I closed my eyes and took a big whiff. *what iss that smell?!* I thought to myself. SOO familiar.

I opened my eyes, and noticed there was a large bag of hot garbage right behind my patio chair. FYI, Africa smells like hot garbage.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ISTx

I'm pretty sure Guatemala had a smell but I was like 7 when I was there. Can't fully recall.

MBTI
    INTP

When I do LD backpacking I can smell a town coming up. It isn't necessarily bad, just a distinctive mechanized smell that is very different from the woods, ocean, or desert.

India smells amazing - all that food!

MBTI
    INFP

The southern California (far inland) desert, when it rains, has the most beautiful scent.. it is of one of the bushes.. I cannot recall which..

MBTI
    ISXJ

Buenos Aires smells like car/bus exhaust when you're walking in the city, but in Patagonia the air is pristine and fresh.

During the summer, Seville, Spain (when it gets to be about 115 F) smells like horse poop and dust...if you're in the center of the city where all the horses are (pulling carriges for tourists) it is almost like you're choking on the dust and smell....gross.

Mexican markets have this really unique, kinda gross smell of trash/spices/fruit/raw meats...it's hard to describe, but it's unmistakeable.

The city where I go to school smells like urine/B.O. in the poverty-stricken areas...

Portugual smells like the sea with warm and moist air...lovely