First 456

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by luminous beam View Post
    Oh yeah, I went tubing yesterday on the Shenandoa River in Luray, VA and certain areas where we floated past smelled like cows because there's a lot that graze nearby and come down to drink the river water lol
    that sounds like a lot of fun, btw
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    INFP

luminous, you reminded me of the irony of a town to the north of us named after the French explorer, LeSeuer. It had a sewage treatment plant outside of town which stunk to high heaven. LeSewer. I used to freak myself out with the thought that the molecules entering my nose had once occupied a warm spot in the town's resident's bowels!

And we tube here also. It's a hoot to round a bend in the river and see all the dear,dumb, docile creatures standing and gazing at us as we float past!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Vegas smells of artificial stuff. Kinda like a hospital but without the whole bleaching everything and such.

New York smelt like a traffic jam on a warm day when we briefly went outside (brief as in 3 minutes or so on the way to Vegas).

I don't recall a smell in Atlanta but we didn't go outside much.

Blighty however smelt of rain and proper traffic and food I knew what it tasted like....
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    that sounds like a lot of fun, btw
    yeah, it was...but once the alcohol wore off and after 6 hrs of floating you start to get a little antsy lol

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    luminous, you reminded me of the irony of a town to the north of us named after the French explorer, LeSeuer. It had a sewage treatment plant outside of town which stunk to high heaven. LeSewer. I used to freak myself out with the thought that the molecules entering my nose had once occupied a warm spot in the town's resident's bowels!
    lol what a name to have! also, the thought of sewage having occupied warm bowels never really crossed my mind or bothered me before...until now :-p
    i just don't want to inhale anything that smells foul.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

this isn't necessarily tied to a specific place, but I love smelling the air outside when it's late summer (like now) and the mornings start in the upper 50's/lower 60's. the cooler air imparts a certain smell in my nose that reminds me of when I have a mild cold, and for some reason I actually like it. I used to get "mild colds" all the time when I was younger and I guess I associated a lot of good memories with it (staying inside playing video games, experiencing that false 'smell' moreso when I'd run outside and play in the snow, etc). I rode my motorcycle into work today so I experienced that every time I opened my faceshield.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

Dali

Nairobi (Kenya), in the mornings, has a cool, crisp, delicious smell... it stings the nostrils and rejuvenates the senses and, within minutes of leaving the house, you're wide awake. It's more pronounced during the cold months of June to September.

Namanga (Kenya/Tanzania), where my grandmother lived and where I frequently spent holidays, had a rich, incredibly earthy scent to it. Literally earthy. It smelled of the rich loam soil that the town was built on and it was wonderfully pronounced when it rained.

Garissa (Kenya)... I can't quite place it but it just smells of hot, dry desert. Nice scent at night though.

Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), smells exotic. It smells of billions of flowers and fruits and the heat, humidity and smell hits you as soon as you walk out of the airport (regardless of whether it's 3AM or 3PM). You'll either hate it or love it. No middle ground. Nilai is much the same.

Tokyo (Japan), smelled incredibly strongly of the sea. It was a hot summer when I was there and perhaps that had something to do with it. I didn't like it (the smell). Osaka smelled much the same as Tokyo.

It was autumn when I was in France and the rotting leaves shed by the trees exuded a sweet balmy scent that was pronounced in especially Toulouse and, to a lesser extent, Foix. Paris smelled of other stuff.

Tanah Rata (Malaysia) in the Cameron Highlands had an interesting nice scent I can't quite place. It also smelled of plenty of vegetation but it was less of an assault on the senses than the hotter parts of Malaysia.

Mombasa (Kenya) smells of the sea.

I was on a bit of a high when in Makkah (S. Arabia) and I can't remember the smell. Madinah was incredibly cold when I was there and it smelled pleasant but I can't place it too.

I'll add some more as I remember them.
    Last edited by Dali; 11-06-2008 at 10:24 AM.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

The town I was in in Parana state of Brazil smelled like the paper factory, bananas and baking bread... the blend ended up not smelling alltogether terrible! A while back I passed a paper factory while driving- it made me smile

North Shore of Lake Superior smelled like wet rocks- even in the end of July it was cold enough that a jacket was needed and the wind kept slapping the waves over the rocks on the shore and carrying thier smell with it.

Southern Indiana always makes me think of decaying leaves, pine needles in the sun and the smell of wet dirt. I've always gone hiking in the area and those are the smells I've always encountered farther back in the woods.
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP

Russia smelt of pneumonia and set my hypocondria into a tail spin which ruined the first coupl eof hours of my hols but I soon got used to the smeel... AMAZING place though loved it!

MBTI
    ISTJ

I've only noticed that people from different countries smell different. Americans smell of nothing but Europeans definitely have a distinctive smell.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    I've only noticed that people from different countries smell different. Americans smell of nothing but Europeans definitely have a distinctive smell.
    I believe Americans, like most Europeans smell of "Dairy" to people from countries where it isn't a primary food source.