User Tag List

First 8910

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/n...ry_115790.html

Article about obesity rates in the US and UK. The rates are closer than I would have guessed. As I think I said already, living in London you get a bit of an unrealistic idea as people are on the thin side here and it's actually quite unusual to see someone really obese (a bit overweight, yes, but that's about it.)

In both the US and Canada, though, I have seen a lot more people who were so overweight that I didn't understand how they could move around, than anywhere in the UK (and I have travelled around the UK).
    http://articles.cnn.com/2008-12-02/h...n?_s=PM:HEALTH

The sad thing is more and more kids are overweight and the number of fat cells we have as a baby never go ago so it's going to be a bigger problem.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    http://articles.cnn.com/2008-12-02/h...n?_s=PM:HEALTH

The sad thing is more and more kids are overweight and the number of fat cells we have as a baby never go ago so it's going to be a bigger problem.
    Children are no fatter than they were ten years ago.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Of course. I see a lot of very small portion desserts lately. Things in shot glasses or mini versions of the regular stuff. I think this is a great thing and obviously people are asking for it. One we got recently was a tiny brownie and tiny scoop of ice cream with a little hot fudge sauce. It was adorable and since we both had salads, I don't think it blew our diets. It's all about portion control.
    Ahaha, I totally hate those small desserts. I don't eat out very often and I usually follow quite a controlled diet at home, thus when I order a dessert I want it BIG, lol.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Of course. I see a lot of very small portion desserts lately. Things in shot glasses or mini versions of the regular stuff. I think this is a great thing and obviously people are asking for it. One we got recently was a tiny brownie and tiny scoop of ice cream with a little hot fudge sauce. It was adorable and since we both had salads, I don't think it blew our diets. It's all about portion control.
    i love those desserts! it's the perfect size to enjoy a sweet treat. otherwise you are left with the task of either consuming a cake "slice" the size of your head, or being forced to share it with your companions.

i ordered red velvet cake when i went out to dinner with a male friend earlier this year. i had decided that this would be my sweet reward for working on being healthier and whatever i didn't finish at the restaurant would be leftovers. i was practically drooling at the thought. then my INTP friend says "oh awesome! i'll just eat your cake with you so i don't have to order something myself!"

i spent the dessert round resentfully snapping through that cake with my fork poised like a trident ready to smite him if he dare stole across my side of the cake.

sometimes cake should not be shared.

where was i even? no idea, but there we go.

also, portion sizes in europe are not as dainty as some here may be thinking. i was warned before i went to paris this summer that the food would be more expensive and that i would get less of it. i noticed no difference between eating out a "normal" american restaurant to eating out at the cafes in paris. i have a picture of one lunch where i ordered quiche and it was like the size of the plate, the slice was so enormous.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    sometimes cake should not be shared.
    You'll get no arguments from me
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'd like to see smaller portions in restaurants. I usually can't eat all of it in one setting and sometimes it isn't feasible for me to take the leftovers home if I'm not going straight home afterwards. By the time I get home the food spoils. I hate wasting food but I'm not going to eat when I'm not hungry just to clean my plate either. I wish there were more options to choose portion sizes in restaurants. Sometimes I try to talk someone into sharing a larger entree than me but that only works if the other person wants the same thing I do which is rare.

Sometimes I feel like restaurants penalize people for wanting to eat healthier. The healthier options offer a more reasonable portion size but you're still paying the same price, sometimes even more, compared to the larger, less healthy counterparts.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne