First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I guess the cat lobby is stronger than we realized.
    yes & the subconscious element that might've been present in the cause of my earlier statement, might've been a case of wondering if dogs are pussy whipped bitches

:delete1:

The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I had to put down my pet bunny of 12 years last month.
    So, am I being a bad pet owner for putting my needs such as these ahead of my future pet's needs? I am also suspicious over the breeder's motivations since she, of course, is in business to sell her kittens. So I feel her motivations may be compromised and that makes me not want to get a second kitten all the more.
    I'm so sorry about your bunny.

I have had up to 7 cats at one time and rescued and placed several more. (Yes, cat lady wannabe here It's really not that bad. ) I see nothing wrong with getting just one if that's all you're comfortable taking care of. Don't let the breeder talk you into a second cat unless you really want two cats.

Here's some info I found online about Ragdolls:
    Ragdoll Temperament and Personality

These large cats are very intelligent and affectionate. They are docile and soft-spoken and prefer to be spending their time doing whatever you are doing. As a breed, the Ragdoll is so laid-back that they are considered about the most non-aggressive breed, so much so that they will even refuse to fight when attacked. For this reason, Ragdolls simply must be indoor pets.

Ragdolls are known for allowing you to hold them like a baby and going completely limp in your arms like a rag doll. They love to fetch and learn tricks and will follow you around like a puppy. Ragdolls are known to be so gentle that they will play without using their claws, which makes them great with children. They will come when called and greet strangers at the door.

Families with Ragdolls will tell you that they are the perfect cat. They are well behaved and good for people with active lifestyles. Ragdolls are wonderful companions with lots of personality and are affectionate, quiet and calm. They are most definitely a lap cat!

Ragdoll Health and Care

Ragdolls are slow to mature, taking almost 2 years to develop their full coats and up to 4 years to gain their full size. Ragdolls are a healthy breed with no breed-specific illness. They aren’t completely maintenance-free because they do require occasional combing, but they are fairly low-maintenance. They are good in apartments, as a family pet, and they like other animals. They tend to stay lower to the ground and aren’t prone to jumping up high onto things.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

Anew Leaf

Thank you everyone for the great feedback on this topic! (especially the funny moments!)

For now I am going to stick with just one... and see how that goes... *reads @Halla74's post again* Yeah, I am just gonna stick with one.... Unless I find some lovely ENTP who loves cats and we can be a crazy cat couple together or something, ha .

Anew Leaf

Here is a picture of him.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Ow, ditta putty putty!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Gorgeous! I love how his eyes are the same intense blue as the background. (And this is coming from someone who is very decidedly a dog person...)

I hope the two of you have some great years together.

Anew Leaf

Thanks His name is Sawyer (yes, after the guy in Lost )... One of my friend's has already bought him a kitty sweater for Christmas that has a snowman on it.... *Starts Crazy Cat Lady Sequence*

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Find a certain place to sit and sit there every night at a certain time and call him over to you. Figure out how he likes to be brushed, and brush him out till he purrs like a maniac. Your goal is to have him so relaxed that he'll turn over for you and let you brush his belly and touch his feet and still purr. But whenever he gets tired of it, let him right up, so there's never any force and never anything except a happy experience in that time and place. It's important to handle him a lot when he's little so he gets used to being touched everywhere. That way he won't get mats in his fur and he'll be easier to work with at the vet. When you're done, give him a catnip scented pom-pom to play with, or play with him with the kitty tease, or scatter newspapers over the floor and just get a stick or something that you can wiggle under the paper that he can pounce on. Or I have more ideas if you want them. I just notice they behave a lot better if they get 10 minutes or so of directed activity every day, actual interaction with you that stimulates their minds a little.

New kitty is such a happy event!

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Find a certain place to sit and sit there every night at a certain time and call him over to you. Figure out how he likes to be brushed, and brush him out till he purrs like a maniac. Your goal is to have him so relaxed that he'll turn over for you and let you brush his belly and touch his feet and still purr. But whenever he gets tired of it, let him right up, so there's never any force and never anything except a happy experience in that time and place. It's important to handle him a lot when he's little so he gets used to being touched everywhere. That way he won't get mats in his fur and he'll be easier to work with at the vet. When you're done, give him a catnip scented pom-pom to play with, or play with him with the kitty tease, or scatter newspapers over the floor and just get a stick or something that you can wiggle under the paper that he can pounce on. Or I have more ideas if you want them. I just notice they behave a lot better if they get 10 minutes or so of directed activity every day, actual interaction with you that stimulates their minds a little.

New kitty is such a happy event!
    This is great advice! Thanks! Ohhh I am even more excited now!

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Here is a picture of him.
    I want the other one then.