User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    1- I don't want to be a crazy cat lady...
    4- I don't want to be a crazy cat lady!
    *Cough* There is nothing wrong with being a crazy cat lady .. The kitties will love you forever and ever if you succumb to their feline charms. I should know, I own 1 and have kind of adopted 4 others, well feed, pet then kick them out (not literally).

If you want only one then get only one. Don't let anyone pressure you.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Cats are fantastic. They are so independent, not like dogs. I currently have a dog, who is in fact crying downstairs right now. Probably wants junk food. He's cute and all, but cat's are so much better at withstanding the force of my disinterest. I miss having a cat, but I do see a cat in my not too distant future.

Cats!

Oh, and yeah, get one. My old cat was on her own, and she was fine. Her only issue is that we found her on the street as a kitten and she's half feral. But this wouldn't have been a problem if we hadn't let her roam around outside. Two will probably be too much of a handful, and you can never know if they'll love each other, or turn your place into a war zone.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

New Name for "Crazy Cat Lady" = Spinnster

Yeah, the pushy breeder would piss me off too.

My next kitty will either be a Siamese, Maine Coon, or one of those bad ass leopard spotted house cats.
    If I could own a dwarf black panther, I'd totally do it.
    Imagine the look on the faces of the neighborhood pitbulls, LOLZ!

and...

-Alex
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

I am pretty ambivalent towards cats, but cats love me for it and take any chance to sit on me.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

My understanding is it's sort of like pringles. You could stop at one and not become a crazy cat lady, but it damn well may be against the laws of nature.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Don't take on more pets than you can handle. That's a big part of being a responsible pet owner.

Getting a cat can mean a commitment as long as 2 decades. If your cat is like mine & lives to 17 & needs eye surgery & medication, then you'll be happy you only got one. They can cost more & more money as they age.

Cats are by nature solitary animals anyway. The kitten will be fine alone. Just spend lots of time playing with it in the evening.
    Last edited by OrangeAppled; 10-11-2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: typos
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

You don't need two. I'm hoping to get a pet soon too. I'd like a dog and a cat. And maybe a bird.....and some fish. maybe I'll just stick to the dog for now. Dogs are harder to train than cats (either that or I was exceptionally lucky with my Khyil cat), and I don't feel quite ready for a new cat.

saturned,
    rag doll kitty, very nice.....they sound so cute. I wouldn't get two if you aren't prepared for it. Just make sure Kitty has loads of toys, and a scratching post, and shut the doors to any off limit rooms (and I'm sure you don't need to be told this, but I had a flat mate who couldn't work this out with her cats, fresh kitty litter every day or they will pee and poop through the rest of the house. They are very clean animals, but they won't use the kitty litter if it's been used too many times.) Cats are awesome, and very easy to have as pets.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Today my cat climbed tentatively on my desk while I was dressing for work -- despite the fact that I verbally scold him each time he has tried to climb up in the past (and immediately stopped)... he KNOWS he is not supposed to be up there and kind of snuck up this time before I could see him... and when I yelled at him from the room to get down, he did... in a manner which knocked everything off my desk onto the floor as he ran and jumped the dog gate and disappeared down the hall.

After I cleaned that mess up, I went downstairs to discover the pretty rose that my roomie had gotten last night but foolishly left sitting on the counter had been dragged to the floor and into the living room, and then shredded into lots of tiny little pieces. The culprit was just sitting there, sniffing at the mess nonchalantly, waiting for me to feed him breakfast.

That is the problem with cats.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That is the problem with cats.
    I often makes one wonder why the word bitchy exists
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizer View Post
    I often makes one wonder why the word bitchy exists
    What, considering it's derived from dogs?

Yes, I find dogs to be the exact opposite... too eager to please, demanding attention, codependent types.
    It's cats that are bitchy!

I guess the cat lobby is stronger than we realized.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft