User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

YES! Get one...and only one. lol

Plenty of people work and have a cat. They like to sleep a lot.

ThatGirl

I own the best cat in the world. She is an outdoor cat, seventeen years old, named Narco-spaz. I named her after her slightly narcoleptic and spastic behavior as a kitten. She gets in fights all the time, is still alive, and has dominated the front yard, sleeps on the doormat. Only comes around when she wants food. Best Cat Ever!

Last edited by Vasilisa; 10-02-2011 at 12:45 AM.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

One adult cat by itself is okay (and some prefer it)... but a little kitten might need more attention, especially if it's newly separated from its litter. Maybe leave the TV on for it to pounce at while you're gone? I actually second the idea of getting a shelter kitty as well, though understand the dangers of walking into one and exiting with your own personal zoo.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I own the best cat in the world. She is an outdoor cat, seventeen years old, named Narco-spaz. I named her after her slightly narcoleptic and spastic behavior as a kitten. She gets in fights all the time, is still alive, and has dominated the front yard, sleeps on the doormat. Only comes around when she wants food. Best Cat Ever!
    aren't you afraid she's going to get run over by a car?

ThatGirl

She is 17 years old. If she gets run over by a car that's her fault. But that is part of what I was saying, that she is really street smart. For a cat.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I own the best cat in the world. She is an outdoor cat, seventeen years old, named Narco-spaz.
    My cat's name is Pascal and he's only about 5-6 months old... but I usually just call him Li'l Bastard.
    It seems more appropriate.

I had a bunch of cats growing up, in a rural area. Outdoor cats. Unfortunately, the cars blew down the road and that's how we lost most of them, even the smart ones. Any street smarts they got was learned by a bumper smacking them down on the street. Sigh.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Getting a cat is a fantastic thing. I myself am thinking of getting a bobcat, a lynx or a serval as a pet. Quite fun things to have around.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I have one cat, a Maine Coon. She's bigger than the neighbor's Pekingese. I have had two cats at a time, and I prefer one cat, because I want a companion animal. Two cats tend to bond with each other rather than with the owner. With this caveat -- spend a lot of time with the cat -- as much as you would with a dog. Play with it, talk to it, teach it its name, teach it words, interact with it. My cat and I have a date every night at 10 pm and she knows it -- I trained her to go sit on this particular little rug at 10 o'clock pm, and she does it -- sometimes I don't even realize what time it is until I feel her looking at me and she's sitting on the rug and sure enough it's 10 pm -- she gets brushed, I check her ears, I wipe her teeth, I clip her nails if it's Sunday -- and then we play, and she gets a treat. She also gets a good 10 minute snuggle every morning. Those two things seem to keep her perfectly happy -- that, and she has perches where she can see outside. Cats like routine, so if you can make one or two daily of giving them attention, they are happy to entertain themselves the rest of the time.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

it depends on the cat. me and my roommates have 3; two of them get along really well, play all the time, spoon with eachother and are adorable. but the 3rd cat doesn't like other cats and they gang up on her and bully her and chase her around.