Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

OMG are you joking?

I could never cook with just a small microwave. If you actually like variety in your recipes this is absolutely absurd. No homemade borscht or quiche made from scratch or homemade pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for you.

Even eggs are weird in the microwave, like Jenaphor said.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Ahh, good point, frozen veggies.. large portions of stuff cooked beforehand for company. Not sure why I didn't think of the obvious, it's been a long time since I've entertained, I guess I was trying to think of why I would ever want to microwave 16 Hot Pockets.

Microwaved bacon. That can't be bad, right?
    Microwave bacon is one of the few things that is possibly BETTER in the microwave -- but only if you turn it properly every minute and continue using new paper towels to drain the fat. I can make perfectly beautiful crisp bacon in the microwave that beats the hell out of the skillet (learned this from my ESFJ ex) but there is a technique to it.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I use the microwave to warm a meal that has gotten cold .

The microwave is the one thing in the kitchen I would donate to the welfare any time

You my friends, have no style
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I use the microwave to warm a meal that has gotten cold .

The microwave is the one thing in the kitchen I would donate to the welfare any time

You my friends, have no style
    Dude I'd rather have an open fire in a hearth with a cauldron than just a small microwave. It's difficult to even make beans or rice in the microwave.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Yea, you got style

I was raised in a very conservative family my parents were always afraid the microwave could explode. They both didnt trust much into technology and tho I've inherited their scepticism I dont share the same disrespect for technology. Still since I grew up totally without a microwave and nowadays have one only thru my gf who basically lets me cook, I am not used to using the thing. Dont think that will change

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Microwave bacon is one of the few things that is possibly BETTER in the microwave -- but only if you turn it properly every minute and continue using new paper towels to drain the fat. I can make perfectly beautiful crisp bacon in the microwave that beats the hell out of the skillet (learned this from my ESFJ ex) but there is a technique to it.
    Yes but then you can't fry eggs in the bacon grease or make bacon gravy and biscuits. I may not like chocolate or ice cream but I do like both of those, on occasion.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    While I can't stand bacon, my son loves it so I do it in the regular oven using the broiler and broiler pan, so the fat drips down and the bacon stays crispy.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    While I can't stand bacon, my son loves it so I do it in the regular oven using the broiler and broiler pan, so the fat drips down and the bacon stays crispy.
    This is the best way to cook bacon. Plus it stays nice and uncurled.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I think if one day God would leave America the new God would be called bacon

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    This is the best way to cook bacon. Plus it stays nice and uncurled.
    Yes! And I don't have to worry about not having enough room on the pan since he's such a hoover with food! Lucky he's got the typical teenage boy metabolism or he'd really pack it on. As it stands, he's 6' tall wearing a 30" waist pant and only because they don't make 28" waist with 34" inseams!