• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Skydiving (the poll version)

Skydiving?

• I have been skydiving before and I did not enjoy it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
I'm curious how many people here have been skydiving, or hope to do so in the future?

I know there has been a previous thread about skydiving, but I wanted to start a poll.

Quick anecdote:
I remember when I was a wee lad and my oldest (ENTP) sister used to tease the rest of us with things like: suggesting that everyone has to go skydiving when they come of age. I never believed it of course, but I have been curious since then. Incidentally, the only person in my family who has actually been skydiving was my (INFJ) sister who has always seemed like the less adventurous one.

I'm still curious but I think I'd need some peer pressure/support to do it, as I'd probably wuss out otherwise.

giegs

MBTI Type
INTP
Never before, but I hope to soon. Base jumping eventually... there are far too many cool things around to not be jumping off them.

Idealatious

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
91?
I have recently decided and insisted that what I want for my 21st birthday is to go sky-diving. But I will take bungee-jumping if it's less expensive. I will research the cheapest prices!

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'll pressure you!

Meanwhile option one: "I have been skydiving before and I enjoyed it" is worded incorrectly. It should read I have been skydiving before and I OMGOSHWUB it.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
there wasn't any "hell no" option so I voted for the bottom one.

I guess it's theoretically possible that I could change my mind someday, but I doubt it. Same goes for bungee jumping, multiplied by a million. That seems horribly unpleasant. I dislike heights and I HATE the feeling of dropping. I doubt the "bouncing" would help matters at all.

I would consider parasailing, though.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm afraid of heights and I would still recommend it. Once you stop accelerating there is no falling feeling and if you would parasail then you would probably enjoy being under a parachute canopy (where is there is virtually no falling feeling either).

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
I'm afraid of heights and I would still recommend it..

It is important to point out the difference between being afraid of something and a fear of something. The former you just feel a lot of anxiety, but the later actually prevents you from functioning, and can lead to fainting etc.

I am 'afraid of heights' (as are most normal people), but still interested in skydiving, so..

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was thinking about skydiving the other day, literally. I would so do it. I just need a buddy for it. Or I'd like one.

A

Anew Leaf

I am a big believer in Relativism and the power of Gravity.

I go where gravity wants me to go, and right now it's staying nice and neat on this lovely piece o' ground beneath my feet. If gravity, god, and the rest of the g-universe wanted me to fly I would have been born with either two wings or at least some skin flaps in between. Until then.... *hugs and kisses ground*

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
If gravity, god, and the rest of the g-universe wanted me to fly I would have been born with either two wings or at least some skin flaps in between. Until then.... *hugs and kisses ground*

Skin flaps ain't going to cut it, you'll need a wingspan of something like 15 square metres just to glide. :(
Flying would take some serious muscles and a much larger cardiovascular system. Disappointing hey?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wait, even better!:

2523580029_f1652f391c_o.jpg

OH YEAH!!

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can taste the adrenaline just looking at that picture :heart:

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
It is important to point out the difference between being afraid of something and a fear of something. The former you just feel a lot of anxiety, but the later actually prevents you from functioning, and can lead to fainting etc.

I am 'afraid of heights' (as are most normal people), but still interested in skydiving, so..

?

Being afraid of something is literally having a fear of it. You're just talking about degrees of the same thing.

For a first time, you would most likely be attached to another person or static line anyways, so if you fainted your parachute would still deploy. You can't miss the ground! :D

N

NPcomplete

I've been thinking about going skydiving for a while but when I suggested it to 2 of my friends, one laughed for five whole minutes, and the other one said she'll come but she'll stay in the car and wait. I don't think I can do it alone as I'll probably chicken out. I alternate between anxiety and adrenaline rushes when I think about it actually.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I went skydiving once. It was fun. The free-fall was my favorite part. Once the parachute opened, though, we were doing a bunch of spins and stuff and I got motion sickness. :sick:

R

Riva

I've done sky diving in Thailand and loved it. When I get richer one day I would do it more often. Love it.

I have a video of it on Youtube. The whole sequence is in it. Including the free fall.

I shall upload it.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
No plans to do it; highly doubtful I ever will. I'm surprised so many people are into the idea. Yikes.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Terrified of the feeling of falling as well, like Randomnity. If I can't handle rollercoasters, I probably can't handle skydiving. (Expecting someone to try to disprove the second sentence, while the first sentence still stands...)

Last edited: