User Tag List

First 123 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I wasn't sure where to put this thread, so here it is.

I am now working a job I love and hope to stay employed with for a long time, and trying to get myself ready to possibly purchase a house in the next year to year and a half.

Before I settle down into a mortgage payment and grown up responsibilities again, I want to take a damned vacation. I am thinking to go alone, not even TK.

Has anyone done this before?

What was their experience, was it a waste of time, or does that open up more free time to spend really doing the things you enjoy?

Thoughts?
    I haven't done a vacation alone yet - but I have decided that I will simply plan trips that I want to go on and if no one else wants to go... then I will just go ahead and go it alone.

I think it's a great idea for you to take some time for yourself. Choose a location that you are excited about and then start finding a way to get there. I have the latest Rick Steves "Europe Through the Back Door" guide and there was a nice section in there on women traveling alone. Maybe glance at that chapter sometime when you can get to a bookstore. It had some good tips on how to stay safe and a part on how women can meet up with other women who are traveling alone to do some sightseering together... I think it was through an online forum or something. Maybe something like that can apply for your destination.

Be safe but don't let the idea of going it alone talk you out of a valuable chance to relax and have some TG time to yourself.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Okay, does anyone have any suggestions?

I will write out my ideal Vacation...

Cozy and quiet accommodations. Some place where you could picture yourself sitting out on a balcony reading all day, and that would be not missing out on a single thing. Some place with a lot to explore, culture, history, mysticism. You can explore on your own, and find millions of intriguing, thought provoking sights and wonders. Has a healthy social nightlife within walking distance, but not over the top like clubs and bars, more natureish and earthy.

Any suggestions?
    Italy of course (any mid-sized city in central-northern Italy), but maybe you've been there already

Anyway, I've travelled "solo" more than once, but usually those were biking trips. Sometimes it's lonely at night, especially right before you're going to bed. Still, I love the freedom.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

ThatGirl

I have thought about going to Italy actually, and believe it or not, I haven't been there. Frankly, I haven't been anywhere.

I also had someone recommend a bungalow in Belize. It sounded awesome, except I have no idea where that is.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I took a trip to Moscow alone when I was 25. I loved it-- one of the best trips of my life. I don't have any suggestions for locations, but I say definitely go for it!
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    I took a trip to Moscow alone when I was 25. I loved it-- one of the best trips of my life. I don't have any suggestions for locations, but I say definitely go for it!
    That is awesome! I've been all over the United States and to Canada alone, but never to Europe ...which I want to go.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I have thought about going to Italy actually, and believe it or not, I haven't been there. Frankly, I haven't been anywhere.

I also had someone recommend a bungalow in Belize. It sounded awesome, except I have no idea where that is.
    I believe Belize doesn't have the same amount of historical platitude that Italy could offer...
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    GONE

Theres a member here from Belize @Kingfisher English is the official language and its on the coast.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I wasn't sure where to put this thread, so here it is.

I am now working a job I love and hope to stay employed with for a long time, and trying to get myself ready to possibly purchase a house in the next year to year and a half.

Before I settle down into a mortgage payment and grown up responsibilities again, I want to take a damned vacation. I am thinking to go alone, not even TK.

Has anyone done this before?

What was their experience, was it a waste of time, or does that open up more free time to spend really doing the things you enjoy?

Thoughts?
    The best vacations I've had have been alone, I've gone to Edinburgh a couple of times, other parts of scotland, london and further a field, its a good idea if you can occupy yourself with enough things to do and have enough money to do it.

ThatGirl

Interesting, I probably will go to Italy. I've been looking at the tours and stuff. FDG, As a native, what would you recommend for a first timer?

Hi
    I have never gone on a vacation alone. But i personally think that one should spend some quality amount of time with oneself. I think it is a good idea.