Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Default Questions Concerning Feeding Racoons

There's a family of Racoons that live near a forested (read: thorn bush plants) lot inbetween mine and my neighboors house. Sometimes I or another family member see the little scamps waltz into our giant backyard or wander around our front yeard, and I was wondering to myself one day, 'oh how nice it would be to feed them!'.

So my question is, is it safe to feed wild racoons peices of fruit and other foods? if yes, what other foods could racoons eat?

Thanks.

MBTI
    INTP

Well if my father in law is to be believed apparently Raccoons are fond of brisket sandwiches.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

And becuase no thread on racoons is complete without pictures or evidence, here some photos of the little cuties

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

No. No it is not. Stay away from those Racoons. They're feral, and smart as hell. They will rummage through your can and destroy things to eat. They will dig a hole into your home and breed FOR MONTHS, and you'll only notice when theres too many to count.

I had friend whose home was infested by racoons and my neighbors spent the entire night clearing them out. They told me not matter how many they laid out more would come. The thought of filling the house with gas even occurred before they released that there were so many the stench of their dead bodies would probably never clear out. Leave those raccoons alone they can take care of themselves.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by jimrckhnd View Post
    Well if my father in law is to be believed apparently Raccoons are fond of brisket sandwiches.
    Hmmm, interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    No. No it is not. Stay away from those Racoons. They're feral, and smart as hell. They will rummage through your can and destroy things to eat. They will dig a hole into your home and breed FOR MONTHS, and you'll only notice when theres too many to count.

I had friend whose home was infested by racoons and my neighbors spent the entire night clearing them out. They told me not matter how many they laid out more would come. The thought of filling the house with gas even occurred before they released that there were so many the stench of their dead bodies would probably never clear out. Leave those raccoons alone they can take care of themselves.
    Wow, feeding them even a little food could cause that much trouble? Never knew.

MBTI
    INTP

I like the little monsters myself. They are smart, tough and opportunistic - and they have some interesting traits like the fact they often wash their food and they are smart enough to open a jar of peanut butter.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post

Yup. Those raccoons do just fine without human interference. No need to get yourself into trouble here.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

silently honest is right, and so is onemoretime.

gonna ad to this myself as well. racoons are dangerous

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Right, guess I won't be feeding them then.

Even if they are the cutest damn things ever.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Even if they are the cutest damn things ever.
    Appreciate them from a distance with your camera as you have been doing.