• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Happy Shark Week 2011!

North American Discovery Channel fans will know that Shark Week officially started today, which is excuse enough to post this TOTALLY AWESOME gif:

2w6fj0n.jpg

Discuss your love/admiration/abject, mind-numbing terror of these incredible denizens of the deep here.

This week (as with the last three shark weeks) I shall attempt, through word and deed, to convey my true appreciation for that most awesome of creatures, the bull shark. The bull shark often gets overlooked by TV programs that prefer to focus on the flashier, more famous Great White, so I shall attempt to remedy this fatal error. Bull sharks are awesome. They survive just fine in both salt and freshwater environments and they can pwn your ass. Also I have recurring dreams about them biting my limbs off.

ANYWAY.

Which shark are YOU adopting this week?
shark.gif

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
oh I thought you were excited your body told you that you're definitely not pregnant

:laugh:

Haha, period jokes are so awesome and witty! Hahaha.

2w6fj0n.jpg

ALSO, I'm going to take a brief break from plugging bull sharks and their awesomeness to give a brief shout out to great whites here.

Poor little thing. :cry:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Great Whites are freaky, I do not like. They're forever eating our surfers and surfers are cute and amusing so I really do not like.

great-white-shark-tm.jpg

Not long ago I discovered Frilled Sharks and THEY LOOK SO FREAKEN COOL!! Like a giant carnivorous tadpole, with teeth. I want one!

frilledshark.jpg

Hammerheads are the funniest, by far, you'd be too busy laughing at them to swim away, I recon.

01-2-tm.jpg

Whale Sharks are the lovable ones imo, cause they won't eat us 'n all, that rates high on my things to like about sharks list.

whale-shark-mouth-tm.jpg

And the freakiest, horror movie looking things, Cookiecutter Sharks

cookie_cutters-gif-tm.jpg

*shivers*

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Basking shark..

6jCax.jpg

baskingshark.jpg

..and goblin shark..

goblin-shark-250.jpg

.. are the best.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Too bad the Megalodon is extinct.

megalodon.jpg

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Great Whites are freaky, I do not like. They're forever eating our surfers and surfers are cute and amusing so I really do not like.

It's probably cliche to like great whites, but I just think they're beautiful when moving in the water -- just this solid thick muscular, well-shaped beautiful machine. Out of the water, all that grace is gone.

I'm still not sure why those freaks are sticking their arms out there. Maybe their heads next time?

Some of the other sharks certainly do look more freaky, though (like the goblin).

Anyway, I usually watch the shark documentaries if they're on, and I like watching them at the aquarium the little that I've gone. I have a number of books on sharks and even shark attacks, including a few with crazy pics.

It probably won't be any surprise to hear that my other favorite animal (aside from the raven) is the grizzly bear.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol... is that bad?

I guess I like massive well-oiled machines against which people don't stand a chance if in the animal's environment....

A

Anew Leaf

I am a huge fan of the Whale Shark.

Actually sharks in general are my favorite of all animals.

One day I shall grow up and marry a shark.

P.S. !!! We needs this emoticon!
shark.gif
:puppy_dog_eyes:

Poor Saturned... always late to the party. :mrtoothy:

1. Mr. Toothy is my new best friend. :mrtoothy: :wubbie:

2. I am so incredibly guilty of #8 on Wind-up Rex's Shark Week Drinking Game: "If you bring up that maybe it's man and not shark that is the real monster for ruining the sharks' natural habitat, don't take any shots. You are already drunk off your own smug sense of self-satisfaction"

3. [MENTION=8031]Ginkgo[/MENTION] been threatening to unfriend me because of my avatar. Stop being a meanie, Gink, they just want to cuddle. :cry:

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sharks are not beloved by me, but their devotees remind me of this :)

[YOUTUBE="c5gmWoOiRZ4"]my brother loved this[/YOUTUBE]

As he swam away with my lower extremities dangling from his jaw, I swear to god he was crying! :cry: