User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by StarryKnights View Post
    What do you do with the irish spring bar? Do you grate it up or something? I know you know this...but irish spring might be a little irritating to a baby's skin. Have you tried other soaps in this recipe? Did it work?

I would not even try using Irish Spring on baby clothes. Ivory bar soap and yes you grate it on a manual box grater. This doesn't work great in places that have hard water, you have to use a lot more of it. Which defeats the purpose.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I would not even try using Irish Spring on baby clothes. Ivory bar soap and yes you grate it on a manual box grater. This doesn't work great in places that have hard water, you have to use a lot more of it. Which defeats the purpose.
    Hey ceecee! Thanks for the info. I'm now going to call my INTJ father in order to confirm that the water in our area is soft. This could be a long conversation if he decides to get into a 'chemistry & minerals' conversation LOL!! Thanks again!!!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

OK, let me jump in to clarify too - you need washing soda, not plain baking soda.

Google "homemade laundry detergent" and you will find some good recipes.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by StarryKnights View Post
    What do you do with the irish spring bar? Do you grate it up or something? I know you know this...but irish spring might be a little irritating to a baby's skin. Have you tried other soaps in this recipe? Did it work?
    I actually quit using it because it wasn't getting odor out as much as I liked. But yeah you can use other soaps and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Jelly View Post
    I actually quit using it because it wasn't getting odor out as much as I liked. But yeah you can use other soaps and stuff.
    Hey...thanks for the info Agent Jelly. Oh and thanks to @PeaceBaby as well! I think I'm going to give this a try!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Well that makes sense why it didn't work so well for me. I have really hard water. But yeah I wouldn't use Irish Spring on baby clothes, lol. I'm using All free & clear for now.