• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sunglasses

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm clueless, help me out here. I've never worn sunglasses, I'm considering picking out a pair. What's fasionable, what's dated? I like aviators, but if I went around wearing anything I liked I'd look like a dork. Should I shell out a lot? Is the money about durability or design, both? Will a cheap pair do? Fill me in.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Unfortunately only aviators look good on me.

I went with ray ban and have never turned back.

ray-ban-aviator-sunglasses-rb3025-4af4c.jpg

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Maui Jims live on my head 16 hours a day - I go nowhere without sunglasses. They are polarized and anti-glare and I love them! If you are prone to forgetting them somewhere though, stick with cheap sunglasses, you don't want to lose a pair that cost much in the first place. Aviators are popular atm, and nice because they wrap and protect your eyes from glare around the corners.

Brown is nice for driving ... grey better on a very sunny day. I have both colors for differentiation.

Right now I wear these, except in brown:

Maui%20Jim%20Sunglasses5027040_9999.jpg

And these:

maui-jim-hookipa-reader-sunglasses-2479-130x130.jpg

Looking at the titanium ones too ..... I do get a lot of use out of my sunglasses!

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ray-Ban-Oversized-Aviator.jpg

Juicy-Couture-Sunglasses-Day-For-Night-S-01K9-RN.jpg

For prancing on the beach (well, not when I'm actually in the water surfing lol)

6887-large1.jpg

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, and hair color matters. I'm blonde, so I don't really go for black sunglasses. Brown or lighter.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Only sunglasses I wear is the one in my avatar.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
Ray_Ban_Wayfarer_B&L_5022_5.JPG

Any person who is anybody ever has at some point throughout their career worn a pair of Ray Ban Wayfarers.

V

violaine

I have a few pairs but I wear my aviators most of the time. I like the aviators because they don't make me feel hotter in summer, they sit off my face a little allowing air to circulate. (Sounds silly but just try wearing a huge pair of vintage sunnies in the summer. They will steam up!) I like wire frames in summer and plastic in winter.

I also don't like graduated lens tint. They are just annoying to look through. Best to pick a tint that matches your skintone imo (I like the honey brown tint for aviators myself.) I think it dates a little better than the reflective tint too and is a bit easier to pull off. (Not that the reflective tint can't look great.)

I think the ray ban wayfarers (or the knock-offs) look really good on guys. These days, I think you can get decent knock-offs if you know what you are looking for. It sux to shell out a lot for glasses and then lose them.

(Which reminds me, don't wear sunglasses on top of your head, it stretches them out and one day they will fall off and prob get scratched.)

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
^ I guess it depends on the shape of your head. I wear mine there no problem, no stretching.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm.. I'm always drawn to stuff with a history. I like the Wayfarers, but they don't look too professional to me.. unless you're going for an 80's sneakers and suit types of thing. (Please feel free to disagree with me). Maybe I'll get some knockoffs of those and some aviators for work to start with.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^^^ Haha.. Addendum: or a Blues brother, or a FBI agent... more?

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
for men, tag heuer curve2s. polarized lens.
looove the rubber curved temples, very comfortable
to wear for extended, great simple non douchey design.
carries over from casual to sports.

32630b5e0d.jpg

Tag-Heuer-TH5019-101-62-15-angle__21639_zoom.jpg

Agent Jelly

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I really need to buy a pair of oakley's. I hear they are hard to break...

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you like financially one upping your friends on a regular basis, move to my town and develop the ever so popular Coach habit (a movement in which I have become fully involved,) These are my current pair... "Ginger" (yeah, it's sunglasses inside, from my Facebook's "30 day challenge" album under "Things I Like" (my new sunglasses) a few months ago.) Now that you mention it, I think I need to upgrade today before people start to notice that I've been wearing them since May. (Okay, so maybe it's become a competition with myself.)

I digress. Coach does have cute sunglasses, though.

attachment.php

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't found any aviators I like yet, but I bought some wayfarerish knockoffs. Since shorty was gracious enough to post a (cute) picture, I'll follow suit. Kinda Roy Orbinsony.

SG1.jpg

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
What's fasionable, what's dated? I like aviators, but if I went around wearing anything I liked I'd look like a dork. Should I shell out a lot? Is the money about durability or design, both? Will a cheap pair do? Fill me in.

If it were me, I'd make sure others' possible opinions aren't going to affect your purchase. Of course, I don't really care about fashion, just what I think looks decent on me and what is comfortable. As far as I know, the money is about both, but as with anything yo're going to get what you pay for.