User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 139

  1. #71
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    Minimalist design and wide open spaces feels luxuriously peaceful and serene.... And if I wanted that out of a home, I'd probably live outdoors. None of it feels very inviting.. I don't picture christmas dinners, and kinect parties and cook-outs in those sort of spaces.. They look beautiful, but it looks like someone who's never home, wears a turtle neck in the summer, and ponders canvases painted blue with a white stripe that they flew 3,000 miles to see.

    I like sensible clutter, and color, and something to give the impression of being in a fairy tale so that the space feels magical and delicious and hey, if you spill some milk it's okay.

















    Too big to stick in here.
    http://whatyayalikes.typepad.com/.a/...7aa48a1970b-pi
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  2. #72
    Senior Member Pseudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    2,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Minimalist design and wide open spaces feels luxuriously peaceful and serene.... And if I wanted that out of a home, I'd probably live outdoors. None of it feels very inviting.. I don't picture christmas dinners, and kinect parties and cook-outs in those sort of spaces.. They look beautiful, but it looks like someone who's never home, wears a turtle neck in the summer, and ponders canvases painted blue with a white stripe that they flew 3,000 miles to see.

    I like sensible clutter, and color, and something to give the impression of being in a fairy tale so that the space feels magical and delicious and hey, if you spill some milk it's okay.

    I just can't stand having stuff everywhere, it stresses me out. Sensory overload. It very quickly becomes a messy clutter for me. Throw pillows are especially aggravating! So many pillows there's no room for me!! I'm pretty utilitarian is what I need from my space so I guess it really is my version of living out doors . (I aldo like when the boundary between the outdoors and indoors in blurred) And I may or may not have gone a considerable distance to see some painted stripes. haha.

    If you spilled milk in a minimal space you don't have to worry about it getting on aything. Just mop it up off that cold, flat concrete.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I like sensible clutter, and color, and something to give the impression of being in a fairy tale so that the space feels magical and delicious and hey, if you spill some milk it's okay.

    It's okey to do so in solid rooted minimalistic spaces, liquid on glass. Your first picture is a very good example of an area where spilling milk would end up seeping through the floorboards, grossing it up even further than the owner/decorator already did.

  4. #74
    Unlimited Dancemoves ® AgentF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,570

    Default

    i like homes of such purity and clean lines that the integrity of the design is at the forefront. these types of spaces invite reflection and offer an angelic juxtaposition of passionate human nature and all that is pure.

    there is also hidden behind the translucence, a deeply-integrated sense of irony and humor. a single object (art, furniture, light fixture) has a neutral palette on which to express itself.

    nothing malformed, accidental or grotesque here. everything designed with intent.





    interior, Stanley Saitowitz loft








    a shower by Philippe Starck.


    "Paranoia" floor lamps by Ligne Roset. :>




    and when possible, nature is integrated.


    or made the entire focal point.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great


    7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

    Johari.

  5. #75
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    It's okey to do so in solid rooted minimalistic spaces, liquid on glass. Your first picture is a very good example of an area where spilling milk would end up seeping through the floorboards, grossing it up even further than the owner/decorator already did.
    I suppose it does make more logical sense to spill milk on a surface that would be easier to clean up.. I more meant metaphorically. Those spaces never look functional--where is the dirty laundry hampers? Washers? Dishes and food and ingredients? The little things that people use everyday.. I like looking at empty, open space inside of a house. The pictures are amazing, and it inspires me to keep my place tidy and have a place for everything.. but they just don't look like they function. Everything is always hidden away.. Out of sight. As if the decorations and the space itself takes priority over it being a living area.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I just can't stand having stuff everywhere, it stresses me out. Sensory overload. It very quickly becomes a messy clutter for me. Throw pillows are especially aggravating! So many pillows there's no room for me!! I'm pretty utilitarian is what I need from my space so I guess it really is my version of living out doors . (I aldo like when the boundary between the outdoors and indoors in blurred) And I may or may not have gone a considerable distance to see some painted stripes. haha.

    If you spilled milk in a minimal space you don't have to worry about it getting on aything. Just mop it up off that cold, flat concrete.
    Alright alright, I surrender! I wasn't trying to attack minimalist modern spaces.. Just mentioning it isn't my space. It just doesn't seem like a house to me. It looks more like a swanky rich place I'd only visit in my dreams.. Id be scared to touch anything in a space like that. It doesnt leave much to explore.. But I suppose thats the whole point of them. Nothing to take away from looking at the amount of space itself.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I suppose it does make more logical sense to spill milk on a surface that would be easier to clean up..
    I more meant metaphorically.
    I know what you meant.

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Those spaces never look functional--where is the dirty laundry hampers? Washers? Dishes and food and ingredients? The little things that people use everyday.. I like looking at empty, open space inside of a house. The pictures are amazing, and it inspires me to keep my place tidy and have a place for everything.. but they just don't look like they function. Everything is always hidden away.. Out of sight. As if the decorations and the space itself takes priority over it being a living area.
    That's what kitchen cabinets, drawers, key cabinets, night stands / night drawers, closets, lockers and storage spaces are for. If done stylish, will add to the overall design of the area. You are confusing design with the lack of discipline to clean up after you use all those different items that you mentioned. Not only are they functional they are so in a self explanatory fashion.

    Some people are messy and some are structured, you're failing to step into the mind of another with different preferences. I for one am supremely structured, may not seem warm or comfy to you, but for me it's exactly just that.

  7. #77
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    I know what you meant.
    Well with another replying the same way, I figured maybe I came off as really literal..

    That's what kitchen cabinets, drawers, key cabinets, night stands / night drawers, closets, lockers and storage spaces are for. If done stylish, will add to the overall design of the area. You are confusing design with the lack of discipline to clean up after you use all those different items that you mentioned. Not only are they functional they are so in a self explanatory fashion.
    Well, when I see the ktichens.. I mean, Im sure they clean it up even more for pictures.. but the mixer for us is always out. It's clean--but its on the countertop. We use it every single day. It seems silly to put it away behind a cabinet, only to pull it out again just a couple hours later. Most of the times we're washing the parts just so it can be used immediately again.

    In the bathrooms, the toothbrush is out in the open air to dry along with towels and washcloths. The soap dish is there to wash hands with, and it seems a bit redundant to put a face wash you use twice a day at the sink anywhere but right beside it.

    I know people probably move those things for the pictures themselves, so that they arent distracting from the space.. but it gives me comfort to see those items is all. Not that I dislike it, I admire it, but I cannot do it. Ive never been in a house looking even halfway like those pictures. Walking into a house that is cleaner than a hospital is a strange concept for me.. I grew up in an area where houses are cluttered with useless trinkets, mementos everywhere, and mismatched oversized furniture that doesn't match.

    Some people are messy and some are structured, you're failing to step into the mind of another with different preferences. I for one am supremely structured, may not seem warm or comfy to you, but for me it's exactly just that.
    I prefer merging the two together I really do love and admire minimalist mentalities.. But it isn't mine. It just doesnt look functional to me.. It doesnt mean I don't appreciate it anyways. No, it doesnt seem comfy and warm or inviting.. But like I said before, those spaces are lovely to look at because they have elements that my space will always lack.

    It isn't a downplay on minimalism and modern design.. It was simply a personal opinion. Love to look, but could never do.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I grew up in an area where houses are cluttered with useless trinkets, mementos everywhere, and mismatched oversized furniture that doesn't match.
    Now I know that you understand my point of view.

  9. #79
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,931

    Default

    My little comfy reading room on a cool evening


    I would totally choose different furniture and such, but love all of the wood finishing, natural lighting, and nature-y feel


    I like this color/simplicity for an entrance hallway/stairwell


    I like the idea of having some sort of great room, with vaulted ceilings and giant windows with a natural setting outdoors (lol... ideal world, this is). But I'd probably opt for more comfy furniture that I'd actually take pleasure in curling up on (although, maybe not for a great room, as I do like this look, since I'd already have my separate comfy lounge room. ha.).


    What I want more than anything is some sort of sunroom


    And Patio
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

  10. #80
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    wth i never posted any pics ?? i feel like i did.. :/











    just pulling these off my pinterest and i feel like i've already posted them but couldn't see em...anyway sorry if i have somewhere
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Similar Threads

  1. What's My Style (Home & Decor)
    By disregard in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 09:14 AM
  2. Home Decorating/Designing/Furniture Help, Please!
    By chasingAJ in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 09:40 AM
  3. Mis-Understood INFJ looking for a new home
    By Pseudonym_Alpha in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 09:33 PM
  4. Design Your Own Cognitive Process Character
    By ygolo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 12:55 AM
  5. Ken Miller on Intelligent Design
    By darlets in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 05:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO