• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Home Decor / Interior Design

F

figsfiggyfigs

elle+decor+2.jpg

Yellow_Dominio_Patio.jpg

elle+decor+4.jpg

meg-ryan-kitchen-elle-decor-590.jpg

dvf-library.jpg

accredited-online-interior-design-degrees.jpg

nanna-lagerman-elle-interior.jpeg

Scott-Currie-Elle-Decor-Flickr.jpg

blue-and-green-bedroom-domino.jpg

110664_3_600.jpeg

110664_6_600.jpeg

110664_8_600.jpeg

123457_4_600.jpeg

123457_6_600.jpeg

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Very pretty. If I ever need one or two obsessive ETJs to plan, design and organize my home, I'll know whom to call.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Welcome to the Pseudo lair!

dzn_Four-cornered-villa-by-Avanto-Architects-9.jpg

tumblr_lwh3d0bEQR1qk1ayeo1_400.jpg

26740191507059484_haa0MBZb_f.jpg

163888873909370084_7r0YtsXo_f.jpg

49469295876408368_6sAEFHzr_f.jpg

19844054577608519_SUJrNibR_f.jpg

I love seeing everyones style.

edit: I think the last one has an eames chair.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Minimalist design and wide open spaces feels luxuriously peaceful and serene.... And if I wanted that out of a home, I'd probably live outdoors. None of it feels very inviting.. I don't picture christmas dinners, and kinect parties and cook-outs in those sort of spaces.. They look beautiful, but it looks like someone who's never home, wears a turtle neck in the summer, and ponders canvases painted blue with a white stripe that they flew 3,000 miles to see.

I like sensible clutter, and color, and something to give the impression of being in a fairy tale so that the space feels magical and delicious and hey, if you spill some milk it's okay. :laugh:

Bohemian-Interior-Decorating-Style.jpg

bohemian-decor1.jpg

bohemian1.jpg

264894_3182-w422-h300-b0-p0---accessories-and-decor.jpg

6a00e55065630088340120a57b5a63970c-800wi

Ocean-Blue-Blown-Glass-Chandelier.jpg

01well-product-tmagArticle.jpg

$(KGrHqJ,!rcE88g9cmt7BPZGu6orKQ~~60_35.JPG

Too big to stick in here.
http://whatyayalikes.typepad.com/.a/6a012875c6f000970c0120a7aa48a1970b-pi

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Minimalist design and wide open spaces feels luxuriously peaceful and serene.... And if I wanted that out of a home, I'd probably live outdoors. None of it feels very inviting.. I don't picture christmas dinners, and kinect parties and cook-outs in those sort of spaces.. They look beautiful, but it looks like someone who's never home, wears a turtle neck in the summer, and ponders canvases painted blue with a white stripe that they flew 3,000 miles to see.

I like sensible clutter, and color, and something to give the impression of being in a fairy tale so that the space feels magical and delicious and hey, if you spill some milk it's okay. :laugh:

I just can't stand having stuff everywhere, it stresses me out. Sensory overload. It very quickly becomes a messy clutter for me. Throw pillows are especially aggravating! So many pillows there's no room for me!! I'm pretty utilitarian is what I need from my space so I guess it really is my version of living out doors :). (I aldo like when the boundary between the outdoors and indoors in blurred) And I may or may not have gone a considerable distance to see some painted stripes. haha.

If you spilled milk in a minimal space you don't have to worry about it getting on aything. Just mop it up off that cold, flat concrete.

Within

Permabanned

Bohemian-Interior-Decorating-Style.jpg
It's okey to do so in solid rooted minimalistic spaces, liquid on glass. Your first picture is a very good example of an area where spilling milk would end up seeping through the floorboards, grossing it up even further than the owner/decorator already did.

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i like homes of such purity and clean lines that the integrity of the design is at the forefront. these types of spaces invite reflection and offer an angelic juxtaposition of passionate human nature and all that is pure.

there is also hidden behind the translucence, a deeply-integrated sense of irony and humor. a single object (art, furniture, light fixture) has a neutral palette on which to express itself.

nothing malformed, accidental or grotesque here. everything designed with intent.

2009-11-modern-minimalist-como-loft-bathlub.jpg

clean-white-minimalist-home-interior-design-02.jpg

interior, Stanley Saitowitz loft
61.jpg

StudioGreenBlue07.jpg

White-Minimalist-Bathroom-Design-02-500x375.jpg

Design-Black-White-Minimalist-Copenhagen-Home-Interior-Modern-Penthouse-II-9.jpg

a shower by Philippe Starck.
1-axor-showehower-by-philippe-starck.jpg

"Paranoia" floor lamps by Ligne Roset. :>
Picture-514.png

clean-modern-minimalist-kitchens-1.jpg

and when possible, nature is integrated.
i29-modern-bathroom-design.JPG

or made the entire focal point.
japanese-modern-home-interior.jpg

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
It's okey to do so in solid rooted minimalistic spaces, liquid on glass. Your first picture is a very good example of an area where spilling milk would end up seeping through the floorboards, grossing it up even further than the owner/decorator already did.

:laugh: I suppose it does make more logical sense to spill milk on a surface that would be easier to clean up.. I more meant metaphorically. Those spaces never look functional--where is the dirty laundry hampers? Washers? Dishes and food and ingredients? The little things that people use everyday.. I like looking at empty, open space inside of a house. The pictures are amazing, and it inspires me to keep my place tidy and have a place for everything.. but they just don't look like they function. Everything is always hidden away.. Out of sight. As if the decorations and the space itself takes priority over it being a living area.

I just can't stand having stuff everywhere, it stresses me out. Sensory overload. It very quickly becomes a messy clutter for me. Throw pillows are especially aggravating! So many pillows there's no room for me!! I'm pretty utilitarian is what I need from my space so I guess it really is my version of living out doors :). (I aldo like when the boundary between the outdoors and indoors in blurred) And I may or may not have gone a considerable distance to see some painted stripes. haha.

If you spilled milk in a minimal space you don't have to worry about it getting on aything. Just mop it up off that cold, flat concrete.

Alright alright, I surrender! I wasn't trying to attack minimalist modern spaces.. Just mentioning it isn't my space. It just doesn't seem like a house to me. It looks more like a swanky rich place I'd only visit in my dreams.. Id be scared to touch anything in a space like that. It doesnt leave much to explore.. But I suppose thats the whole point of them. Nothing to take away from looking at the amount of space itself.

Within

Permabanned
:laugh: I suppose it does make more logical sense to spill milk on a surface that would be easier to clean up..
I more meant metaphorically.
I know what you meant.

Those spaces never look functional--where is the dirty laundry hampers? Washers? Dishes and food and ingredients? The little things that people use everyday.. I like looking at empty, open space inside of a house. The pictures are amazing, and it inspires me to keep my place tidy and have a place for everything.. but they just don't look like they function. Everything is always hidden away.. Out of sight. As if the decorations and the space itself takes priority over it being a living area.
That's what kitchen cabinets, drawers, key cabinets, night stands / night drawers, closets, lockers and storage spaces are for. If done stylish, will add to the overall design of the area. You are confusing design with the lack of discipline to clean up after you use all those different items that you mentioned. Not only are they functional they are so in a self explanatory fashion.

Some people are messy and some are structured, you're failing to step into the mind of another with different preferences. I for one am supremely structured, may not seem warm or comfy to you, but for me it's exactly just that.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I know what you meant.

Well with another replying the same way, I figured maybe I came off as really literal..

That's what kitchen cabinets, drawers, key cabinets, night stands / night drawers, closets, lockers and storage spaces are for. If done stylish, will add to the overall design of the area. You are confusing design with the lack of discipline to clean up after you use all those different items that you mentioned. Not only are they functional they are so in a self explanatory fashion.

Well, when I see the ktichens.. I mean, Im sure they clean it up even more for pictures.. but the mixer for us is always out. It's clean--but its on the countertop. We use it every single day. It seems silly to put it away behind a cabinet, only to pull it out again just a couple hours later. Most of the times we're washing the parts just so it can be used immediately again.

In the bathrooms, the toothbrush is out in the open air to dry along with towels and washcloths. The soap dish is there to wash hands with, and it seems a bit redundant to put a face wash you use twice a day at the sink anywhere but right beside it.

I know people probably move those things for the pictures themselves, so that they arent distracting from the space.. but it gives me comfort to see those items is all. :D Not that I dislike it, I admire it, but I cannot do it. Ive never been in a house looking even halfway like those pictures. Walking into a house that is cleaner than a hospital is a strange concept for me.. I grew up in an area where houses are cluttered with useless trinkets, mementos everywhere, and mismatched oversized furniture that doesn't match.

Some people are messy and some are structured, you're failing to step into the mind of another with different preferences. I for one am supremely structured, may not seem warm or comfy to you, but for me it's exactly just that.

I prefer merging the two together :yes: I really do love and admire minimalist mentalities.. But it isn't mine. It just doesnt look functional to me.. It doesnt mean I don't appreciate it anyways. No, it doesnt seem comfy and warm or inviting.. But like I said before, those spaces are lovely to look at because they have elements that my space will always lack.

It isn't a downplay on minimalism and modern design.. It was simply a personal opinion. Love to look, but could never do.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My little comfy reading room on a cool evening
night-7.jpg

I would totally choose different furniture and such, but love all of the wood finishing, natural lighting, and nature-y feel
interior+design+photography%252C+interior+design%252C+terrace%252C+decor%252C+home+interior+decoating.jpg

I like this color/simplicity for an entrance hallway/stairwell
steel-accent-timber-interior-design-ideas3-378x500.jpg

I like the idea of having some sort of great room, with vaulted ceilings and giant windows with a natural setting outdoors (lol... ideal world, this is). But I'd probably opt for more comfy furniture that I'd actually take pleasure in curling up on (although, maybe not for a great room, as I do like this look, since I'd already have my separate comfy lounge room. ha.).
decorating-styles1.jpg

What I want more than anything is some sort of sunroom
log-home-sun-room-dc.jpg

And Patio :happy2:
144709154CE20C1CA7C418

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wth i never posted any pics ?? i feel like i did.. :/

135741376238326438_U3rxZ0T6_f.jpg

209558188880658629_otX29MTd_f.jpg

182325484883849201_JrqLQJsR_f.jpg

18999629647508484_eLN7TTLl_f.jpg

93942342196740927_Gg4oupC7_f.jpg

just pulling these off my pinterest and i feel like i've already posted them but couldn't see em...anyway sorry if i have somewhere