• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Home Decor / Interior Design

luckybear

How is it that I like a huge pile of options in the photo, all so creative and cozy. But when it comes to buying furniture for my house I can't choose anything?

yeghor

How is it that I like a huge pile of options in the photo, all so creative and cozy. But when it comes to buying furniture for my house I can't choose anything?
You should find a way to relate the characteristics of the furniture you liked in the photos to actual furniture in the store so that you can find a close enough match, it doesn't have to be a perfect match.

Tomb1

Here is the accent wall of the main living room which contains the vaulted ceiling. My painter should be finishing the trim, beams, closets and interior doors this week, as he managed to get a lot of the painting done, after my plasterers spent about three days plastering all the new sheet-rock. Floors, next. Those casement windows are all original 1960s (as is the fireplace, stone wall, ledge and subfloor) and with enough WD-40 I got the windows working like new.

paint.jpg

The realtors I interviewed told me to do everything light and sterile because that is what sells and is 'in', so notwithstanding I did everything dark and bold because that's just how I'm holding the show. That happens to be the darkest. A Behr Color called "Beluga", three coats of the eggshell sheen...when the light hits it the color gives off a note of blue. Trim for that room will be in a Sherwin-Williams Semi-gloss "Monorail Silver".

Last edited: